1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Dave Sadowski

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jan 12, 2022.

1. dexter69

dexter69 Well-Known Member

R.I.P. Mr Dave Sadowki. One of my old t's. Dang :(

Attached Files:

2. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Don't have any great personal stories, but enjoyed him as a fan. Given, he was a great racer, and I was certainly a fan there. But, I also though he did a great job in the limited time he was an "expert" announcer for races. He taught me what to look for. RIP...

R Acree likes this.
  3. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

I watched him several times at Willow Springs. The Vance & Hines Formula USA raceon the OW01s was awesome...
    He didn't stand a chance against Scott Gray on the Yoshimura Suzuki, the Grey and the GSXR was so fucking fast it was stupid.
    But I remember the Vance & Hines teammates had a freaking killer battle for 2nd place that Sadowski won.....
    Awesome looking 80s era bikes he piloted.
    Glad to have viewed him putting on a great show

L8RSK8R, VFR#52 and 418 like this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I’ve started to post on this thread at least 30 times. What do I say about ‘ski? I’ve loved the guy like a brother and wanted to beat the f@ck out of him and then marveled at him.
    I was going to post the first time I met him when he was a complete goon and everyone was terrified of him. When he found Jesus and people were still terrified of him. :D him and my mom talking about nothing and everything at her house.
    I’ll leave it short instead of the long speech I was going to write: loved Dave, hated Dave, would give him the shirt off my back and I’ll miss him. My condolences to his family, he will be missed. :(

G 97, TurboBlew, L8RSK8R and 8 others like this.
  5. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Would like to know about that stuff, but I can understand your decision.

Once a Wanker.. and VFR#52 like this.
  6. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

One of my greatest race track memories, Mr. Sadowski! My younger brother and I were spectating at the Barber AMA Event in 03' 'ish. He and Ski bonded quickly as we were a long way from home. The love they had and shared, to both of their great pleasure, has kept my mind clear, as I lost that younger brother last spring.

That racer will be missed. Godspeed Mr. Sadowski!

TurboBlew, L8RSK8R, ToofPic and 2 others like this.
  7. Oneclipse

Oneclipse New Member

RIP I met and got an autograph from Dave back in the day, when he was riding the fire breathing Muzzy Raptor at London. Cool Dude
    Only the good die young…

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  8. John Geyer

John Geyer New Member

I met Dave in 1981 working at Champion Motorcycles. We were just teenagers but Dave already was racing and got me into it.
    Dave had just recently relocated to So Cal from New Hampshire with his buddy Pete Carrol and we all became good friends.
    All Dave thought about was racing and going pro. We all new he had what it took to make it happen.
    Rest In Peace Dave.

evakat, Once a Wanker.. and L8RSK8R like this.
  9. joec

joec brace yourself

wow...i totally missed this. what a bummer.

10. joec

joec brace yourself

thats not pete carrol the sidecar racer is it????

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I remember Dave and you guys at Champion back in the early 80's. I was in there all the time.

12. james weaver

james weaver Well-Known Member

wait till you you get a dfib and pacemaker all at once. hell i didnt know any thing was wrong

VFR#52 likes this.
  13. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Are you thinking of Brian Carroll with daughter Heather?
    (For those on the Beeb, she was a famous t shirt model)

[​IMG]

14. joec

joec brace yourself

derp......i dont know what pete carrol was who i though.

15. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I met David sometime back in the 90's.I had several street squids that worked for me at the time.One of the guys asked us one day if we wanted to meet
    David Sadowski? Im thinking Tuckers full of shit,and doesn't know David.At the time David was living in Buford Ga.,so we headed that way one afternoon
    We get to Daves place,unannounced,and he couldn't have been nicer.God only knows how many times these idiots had been dropping in on poor David ..
    He took us out to his garage,and showed me his bikes,and what he was currently racing.I seem to recall a Yoshimura Superbike being his main baby at the time.
    I had another very short friend that bought a set of Davids Vance and Hines leathers,that did not fit well at all.He wore those leathers for years,and always made us laugh..
    Im sure Brandon probably still has those leathers,and he's probably laughing at us now!
    David got out a bunch of posters,and signed them all for us.Kind of a get the hell on! kinda hint:crackup:and I didnt blame him.Us showing up un invited and all
    The other long lasting thing I remember about Dave was his commentary.The dude was fantastic! had me laughing my ass off! He introduced the world superbike
    starting grid,and would refer to rider Steve Martin as a wiiild and crazy guy!! and I of course would laugh my ass off at this 8th grade humor,because Dave got it!!
    We would all kill to joke on national television,and he got to do it! R.I.P. great racer

16. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Why no mention of his passing, let alone a mention in 'the moment of silence' honoring another racer lost, during the D200 broadcast?

Dean Adams has chosen to honor him this week on his website, fyi.

ToofPic, 418 and motodog650 like this.
  17. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Hopefully a lap of honor by one of his sons on his V&H 200 winner at MotoA Barber in Sept. They wanted to do it at Daytona but George wasn't cool with the bike leaving the grounds from what I hear.

I know Deano gets his share of hate on here, but he does have some good historical / back story posts from time to time.

Also, occasionally offers some pretty cool stickers for a donation to the coffee fund:

upload_2022-3-17_17-21-48.png

Once a Wanker.. and 418 like this.
  18. 418

418 Expert #59

Deano is a weird one.

One thing I don't understand is the guy has obvious passion for the national racing but has declined to cover MotoAmerica on his website for some reason. Or he wasn't when I frequented that website. I don't know if somebody pissed him off over there or what?

The photo collection that website had was epic at one point.

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

God Damn. Unbelievable. God Speed Ski.

20. 418

418 Expert #59