1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Dale Walksler

Discussion in 'General' started by zertrider, Feb 4, 2021.

1. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Passed yesterday of cancer.

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Meet him a few times over the years, very cool peep. RIP true Vintage racer!

3. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

I only visited the museum once so far but I do hope to get back there. Hopefully the family will be able to keep things going. RIP Dale.

4. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

RIP Dale.....Met a few times.

First time, I pitted next to him at the Barber Vintage festival in like, 2006 or so......He had a 1909 Pope or something as a pitbike. He tried to exit the pits on it to go over to the museum and the security guard stopped him cuz he had no tag or helmet. This was back when they were "sticky" about it.....he came back to the pits on fire baby!!! Man he was grumbling!!! we had him laughing at himself as he threw a dealer tag on it and an old leather helmet that kinda matched the bike.....it was funny. Great guy!

I'd also been to his HD dealership in the midwest that he sold....his bike collection in the lobby, I could see his passion started way early, probably 1980's

R/T Performance likes this.
  5. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Renegade, loved his attitude/passion/thought process....only know of him from his tv show.
    A can do man, gets it done.

Got it done!!

6. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Damn. RIP wildman

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

RIP Dale

8. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

So sad to hear. Was trying to get up to the museum again to say hello, but it was closed one time, weather another time, etc.

My first visit there was memorable, thanks to Dale. My step-dad (so I didn't inherit his go-fast genes) isn't all that fond of museums and had never visited, in spite of living nearby. So, on a visit, I managed to convince everybody to take a family trip.

As always, Dad enjoyed the museum once he got there, particularly the flat-track stuff. Dale was walking around, overheard some of our conversations about the bikes and struck up a conversation with my Dad. Once he found out he had been a pro racer, Triumph flat-tracker, raced on the beach at Daytona, etc. Dale's eyes lit up.

He proceeded to give us a personally guided tour, telling stories about some of the bikes and starting up some of the ones we were interested in. We went in the shop in the back and I thought him and Dad were going to break out the tools and start wrenching on stuff! He even offered to let me ride one of the museum bikes around the parking lot. I chickened out, afraid of dumping a museum piece, which I still regret.

A great guy and a true motorcycle enthusiast. RIP.

9. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Damn! The world needs more guys like Dale. Fuck cancer! Too early he had a lot more wrenching to do. The machines he restored and kept going is just absolutely incredible.

10. 72westie

72westie Well-Known Member

A few years ago at the Wauseon National vintage meet, a friend and I were chilling in our pits waiting for the flat track practice to start. A guy and his wife come up to us and just start thanking us for racing and happy to see younger people having a interest in the sport. (My buddy was probably 16 at the time).

The guy ends up asking how much our entries were and then proceeds to give us cash to cover them. I had know idea who they were, but once they left my buddy said that Dale Walksler just sponsored us.

stk0308, Razr, Pride & Joy and 2 others like this.
  11. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

Great guy Ride in peace buddy.

12. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Really wanted to visit WTT when I was in Maggie Valley just before Christmas....it was closed the entire time we were there.

Makes sense now....RIP sir.

13. Pride & Joy

Pride & Joy Well-Known Member

Like others here, I was blessed when I, my father, and my uncle visited the museum. He overheard us talking about some of the bikes and my uncle telling tales when he used to represent Arai helmets in "the early days". Next thing we know, we were talking with him having a great time listening to his tales of each bike, and starting several. Needless to say, we really had a great time. Ride in Peace Good Man!!

14. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

A farmer friend of mine from Indiana has the same last name as one of his antique bikes (and a certain religious position...). We were in the WTT museum oogiling the bike and wondering if there was any family connection. Next thing we know we're in a discussion with the big man himself. He will be missed.