1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Chester Bennington

Discussion in 'General' started by worthless, Jul 20, 2017.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I know a dude who's on the cusp of 9 figures if not over that marker... He admits: every day he has to stop & think of a good reason not to eat his revolver.

Did you know that a heavy cocaine addiction will, over time, fry your serotonin receptors rendering you physiologically incapable of experiencing the emotion that most of us recognize as joy?

What a shitty way to 'live'.

But he did it to himself. He has 5 kids and a wife. He has about 1000 people under his employ who would probably end up jobless very quickly given the industry. Sometimes that's all that makes him put one foot in front of the other. Someday, I suspect it will no longer be enough.

I hope he calls me first.

2. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

I am going to take the bait.....

What would the world be like if we all thought like that?

3. osuyzfr1

osuyzfr1 Well-Known Member

Sounds really stressful. I think I could deal with it though

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Sorry I'm not happy he's dead, but I can promise you that the 3 kids I've got make me happy each day and I'll never make the money these stars (musicians and actors) make but damn I could have even more fun with my kids and friends.

Instead of drugs and Booz I'd be buying toys and having my friends over to completely ruin shit then start over.

I wish I could feel sorry for people that choose the easy way, but I can't. I can kinda feel sorry for people that die alone, without a pot to piss in, but hanging yourself in a mansion it fancy hotel while making millions does t give me much leverage.

5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid: I have seen far too many people have shit ripped out from under them and with illnesses and / or injuries to feel even a little bit sorry for some dude who has all the opportunities to have what could be a very good life and decides to throw it away. Condolences to his family. The guy is an asshole to do that to them.

6. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

What I meant by logic is any point where he's not continuously thinking I should just kill myself. At that point he has to think "yesterday I want die. That ain't right. I should probably get help." And there is little doubt in my mind that this was premeditated. Hangs himself on his good friends birthday 2 months after said friend did the same thing in the same way. Coincidence? Methinks not. And I also have think there was at least one moment of clarity somewhere along the line.

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

If you've never experienced clinical depression, you probably can't understand it.
    And some antidepressants affect some people in the opposite way they're supposed to.
    They change the way you think. The unthinkable becomes thinkable.
    Depression is not logical, it doesn't matter how much you have or if everybody wishes they were you.
    Obviously he planned it and he felt it was his only remaining option.
    You should feel bad for what he went through to reach that point.
    Everybody has their breaking point.

JBraun, TX Joose, worthless and 6 others like this.
  8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Don't know. However will there be a thread for every other individual that committed suicide on the same day or do we only care about the ones that TMZ reports to the masses?

BHP41 likes this.
  9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Being sexually abused as a child, probably doesn't give you the greatest abilities to control your emotions either.

I still just can't wrap my head around being able to check out on his kids. There has to be a mental disconnect there.

10. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

If this guy was in enough pain to go through with taking his own life then how could it be worse? Seems like thats about as bad as it gets. Whatever issues he was having outside of his head could have escalated perhaps but your missing the point to why someone commits suicide there.

pscook likes this.
  11. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Don't know, but this is the only tradegy that was posted today and for some reason it doesn't bother me or make me less empathetic because it came from TMZ or the person was famous or rich.

12. 418

418 Expert #59

This guy had mental issues all his life. Here is a tip, don't have a gaggle of kids that depend on you for support if you think you might wanna check out.

Kinda the same principle as being on welfare and having a bunch of kids you can't afford.

Also I don't think anybody said that because he has money it has to be easy. Just that he has resources to maybe help himself vs. crackhead down the street.

sharkattack and pickled egg like this.
  13. bikerydr

bikerydr Active Member

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust; at least he made his marks/legacy in the world and most of us felt/heard them; move on...who is next? Mother Earth is hungry, so we better make the most of our living lives while we can.

14. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

People with mental illness and addicts do not make rational decisions.

15. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

I'd rather a world where everyone didn't feel the same. While it sucks this guy, with his talent, decided to toss it away and leave his family with this void, I appreciate the side that Kenny takes as well. If everyone acted, and felt, the same this world would be boring as fuck.

16. 418

418 Expert #59

Oh ok. That makes it alright then.

17. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Is that really the way you interpreted what I said? If so, that was quite a leap you took to totally miss the point.

JustaNobody likes this.
  18. Agree with this. Never been abused but not being able to be there for my kids and wife is reason enough for me to find a reason to keep plugging away.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Maybe it's just me, but having a good friend commit suicide would be a wake up that I need to get help rather than be a copycat. Then again, we are not talking about a rational decision here.

20. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Just disappointing overall..