1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Chester Bennington

Discussion in 'General' started by worthless, Jul 20, 2017.

1. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Linkin Park frontman commits suicide by hanging. Leaves behind 6 kids.

2. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

What?! I was just listening to them today on my way into work! I wonder if he was on the same meds as Chris Cornell..?

3. worthless

They were close friends and today is CC's birthday.

4. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Was going to cross off a life bucket list goal and see them in August. So sad. RIP

5. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

sad news :(

BHP41 likes this.
  6. worthless

We all have demons inside of us and we all face challenges.
    National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
    1-800-273-8255

7. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Of all the ones in the last few years, this one stings me. :(

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

No respect leaving kids behind like that..... Having Suicide in the family which meds played a part I hope that was the case here....

418 and eggfooyoung like this.
  9. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Wtf? Sucks .... dude had some pipes and obviously some demons. RIP.

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I lifetime spent being called Chester Bennington might make suicide seem like a viable option.

L8RSK8R and bleacht like this.
  11. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

The pill you take to keep you from killing yourself should not make you want to kill yourself.

eggfooyoung and R Acree like this.
  12. jeffr1ey

it seems like a generation of internal demons..

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Seriously....when you're a dad you don't get to pull shit like this, I don't care what "demons" you think you have. Try walking through a cancer ward or village in Africa where kids haven't eaten for days and then tell me about demons and how rough you have it........ https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/rock-stars/chester-bennington-net-worth/

418, crashman and eggfooyoung like this.
  14. jeffr1ey

doesn't that almost prove the point though? if he was mentally stable, then he wouldn't throw everything away. in his mind, he probably believed his family was better off without him.

15. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

I'm with SPL, you don't get to pull this shit when you have kids, let alone 6 of them. Unless whatever meds he was taking actually burnt a fuse in his head and caused this.

FYI, I'm a huge fan of his, much more so than the actual band because he was extremely talented, such a shame.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I certainly hope so. Not that I hope for anyone to be mentally unwell, but if someone were in full control of all their faculties and STILL did that, yeah.....

jeffr1ey likes this.
  17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I just don't think you can be in full control, and do this.

R Acree and jeffr1ey like this.
  18. jeffr1ey

yeah, i just don't think you are at that point.. it just doesn't make sense. i'm not saying it isn't a selfless act, but you can't be in the right frame of mind to do this to yourself considering what you have.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I don't know enough about the man or his problems to comment other than to wish condolences for the family. 6 children no longer have a father and have to live with his choices.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

There's only one valid excuse for this: facing a terminal illness/cancer/tumor/etc. If that's the case, you get to end it with dignity. Any other situation, especially with kids, suck it up buttercup.

Razr, 418 and throwdown like this.