1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Andy White #361

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedyTide, Jun 7, 2014.

1. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Very cool George. You guys are the best.

2. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

RIP, very sorry to hear this. Condolences to friends and family.

Support for the idea of doing what you love and living life as you want to!

3. RIP Andy, and my condolences to all of his friends and family.

4. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Services are planned for next Thursday, June 19. If anyone is flying into Jax... let me know and I can pick you up.

6. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Just read the part about him receiving his AMA license in the mail the day he passed:(

7. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

On Friday and Saturday we joked about being nervous about qualifying. Andy, Joey and I all doing our first AMA weekend, but at least we were gonna be together....

Andy was such a great guy and friend to so many people.

Miss you Bud.

8. He will be with you, just not physically.

9. brianspeed3

brianspeed3 Well-Known Member

I met Andy back in 2012 down at Jennings. He was bitching about all the slow ass novice guys (mainly me) getting in his way and slowing him down. My first reaction was what an ass and kinda blew him off. Over the next few race weekends, I got to speak with him more. And I realized that he was not an ass. He was a competitor. And one of the most fierce at that. He had a drive that I have never seen before. As time went on, I really got to know him. Andy, Joey Gionatto and I pitted together for the majority of the 2013 season. I will cherish those memories for the rest of my life. Spending several weekends trying to be better and laughing our asses off. Andy was one of the nicest people I have ever met at the track. If I ever needed something, Andy would just say "Yeah go ahead and get it". No questions. And that gesture was extended to anyone in the paddock. He was a sponge for knowledge and it showed. Always picking peoples brains to gain that extra split second on the track. But he was share the knowledge that he learned with anyone who asked. He was a goofy ass dude too. Always cracking jokes in the paddock just to make people smile. He always had a smile on his face and wanted everyone to share that with him. A few of us were in a group text message chat that went one for about a year. It was filled with everything from motorcycles to hot girls. And in the center of it all was Andy being a smart ass and making us all laugh. He enjoyed life to the fullest and tried to drag everyone along with him. He would push you to do better. Talk trash to get a rise out of you to make you better.

I remember this year at Roebling he came back in after a race and was just standing there staring at his bike. I asked him what was wrong and he just said "I need to be faster". (I just kinda laughed as he was running low 13's) I just looked at him and said "Well quite being a pussy!". He just laughed and said "I know, right?" with that big ass smile on his face. He went out the next race and dropped into the 12's. He ended the weekend running mid 11's. The boy was determined to be the best. And he was.

The paddock is never going to be the same without him there. He smart ass comments making everyone laugh. His big ass goofy self always smiling. The help that he would provide to anyone. Just being around him made you want to be better yourself. The energy that surrounded him. His desire to be on top the box every race. His commitment to the sport we all love. His passion to be #1 in everything he does. He was a true ambassador of the sport. A competitor striving to be number #1. Living his dreams to the fullest and not letting anything stand in his way.

This loss hit hard to everyone who knew him, and many who did not. The sport we love is a dangerous one. There is a risk every time we throw a leg over a bike and grid up. But don't let his death stop that. Andy would not want that. He would want each and everyone of us to go out there and give it 110% ever time we had the chance. Take comfort in knowing that he died doing the thing he loved most in this world surrounded by the family he had created around him by being who he was. And push on in his memory. Not giving up on your dreams. But taking them on head on like he would.

Godspeed #361

10. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Damn I'm in Jax for my niece's wedding but head home tomorrow. I would like to call the wife (if he was married), parents and any other close relations in Jax if anyone could PM me some contact numbers. Thanks

11. brianspeed3

brianspeed3 Well-Known Member

sorry for the double post

12. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Late here. I added my thought on FB immediately upon hearing.

I can only hope that his family and friend can take solace that he went atop of his game. RIP Racer.

This place also show lots of good.

Huey, that memorial was touching. You risk being a good man.

And, what can be said about the Pitbull guys - I keep buying.

13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Nice man, really really nice.:)

14. zuithoven

zuithoven Well-Known Member

I will be just fine
    RIP Racer, I hated hearing about this. Praying for peace for your family.

15. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Glad to hear. The whole paddock paused and prayed for you. More than once.

16. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

Thank You PH.

17. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

Morris, sorry I missed you too. As for me being back FT, we'll see.
    Thanks man, and hope you are doing well.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good news!

19. steve802cc

steve802cc Well-Known Member

20. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Very good tribute. I enjoyed reading that and felt like I really knew him a lot better after reading even though I never met him. Sounds like we lost an incredible racer. :(