1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Right and wrong???? - AZ 14 year old car thief shooting

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by StaccatoFan, Jan 20, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Just yes - if you don't believe me, strap on your six shooter and head to the local grocery store, or better yet, mini mart or bank.

Brandishing and possession are different things, maybe that's where our miscommunication comes in. In my mind, you can possess, handle, manipulate the gun all you want and shouldn't be worried about criminal action, but the moment you point it at someone you're in trouble. You can say that the line is so thin that they're one in the same, but it's that way with everything. Right now I'm sitting in my office minding my own business, but in 10 seconds I could be beating one of my employees to death with a stapler.

As much as I don't want my hypothetical daughter killed in a hostage situation, these are two separate crimes. If you didn't use the gun in the first place, you shouldn't be shot for it.

2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

1) I'd expect LE to respond as you're suggesting in State's that don't allow open carry cuz it's obviously NOT normal behavior. Even then, I don't expect anyone shot unless the person makes a stupid move by pointing the muzzle in their direction. We can sit here all day with what if scenarios.....not sure what reply you're seeking?

2) The incident in Ohio if not mistaken happen in a heavily populated area, projects maybe?, which makes matters a tad more tense when you factor in the possibility of a 3rd party getting hit if a REAL gunfight happens. So I could understand the intensity of the responding officers. I said it back when it happened and I'll say it again, the responding officers kinda F'ed up in their tactic by driving so close to the potential perp. They probably thought it was going to be another 'negative' call and took it lightly, iirc, the passenger was a rookie and the driver (TO) drove up to Tamir, exposing his rookie's side to Tamir, who made the mistake of raising the gun at them. I mention rookie just for lack of experience, I wasn't there and have no idea if that played a role in this as I'm certain even a seasoned officer would have shot also. It was an unfortunate incident all the way around for everyone but one that could have been avoided with better parenting.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I know there's no good answer. I'm only expressing my opinion as to the general negativity expressed towards firearms in the hands of the general public.

4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Well, you won't find it from me cuz I'm a supporter of the 2A and LAW ABIDING citizens being able to buy/carry.

(That won't stop the hacks from manufacturing 'my' position on firearms tho.) :crackup:

5. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

We can't all be blessed with the absence of ambiguity. It probably makes life simpler.

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Says the guy biding his time to collect his "fat" pension, so he can become a full time grammar nazi.... :crackup:

9. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

If by biding, you mean working. I'm also 58 and have at least 5 more years. I'll probably work after that as well, because, unlike you, I like my work above and beyond defending the profession non-stop on a BBS.

10. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Well, most jobs that come with a pension require "working" up to the time they can begin to collect it so yea, that's kinda normal, Dave. I realize, for Liberal Californians, that may be a LOT to ask for but, it is what it is.

You're only 58, I actually thought you were a LOT older??? So you were a late comer to Government employment, too bad for you. Working afterwards doesn't lighten the load on that 'fat' pension you'll be collecting each month, will it?

As for defending your line of work.......what exactly is there to defend? It's not exactly a career line that hits the MSM on a weekly basis now is it? :crackup:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I thought dsapsis was somehow involved in the management of Kalifornia's forests... so, yeah, at certain times of the year, it IS MSM level stuff.

Perhaps he should be spending more time raking in the forest and less time raking Iowa corn farmers over the coals for their grammatical shortcomings?

:Poke:

G 97 likes this.
  12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Cali doesn't have a mandated retirement age? If not, good for you man, if you enjoy what you do keep rocking it. :bow:

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

To be honest,managing land is not easy considering all of the regulations etc. And although I live in the greatest state in the union known as Iowa, my parents farm is in Illinois. You know, the fall into money deal with no effort put in by my grandparents. As far as my lack of grammatical proficiency, it's never had a negative impact on the price of corn. But too you point, yeah. How do you implement a management program that basically does nothing. Puzzeling to say the least. At least the procedure manuals must contain proper sentence structure And shit. LOL.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Oh, and if by management you mean millions of acres burned to the ground, I agree with you. LOL.

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Yes... that is, as you say, "puzzeling"... :Poke:

:crackup:

G 97 likes this.
  16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah I threw that one in there. LOL.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He was armed with the gun the cop saw with his own eyes. Kid may have dropped it, may not have, moot point as the cop did indeed see an armed criminal.

You keep saying intent and that is pure an utter bullshit, unless cops get esp they will never know intent other than by the bad guys actions - and these actions showed he was a potential danger.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No. Once you have it in your hand and ignoring the orders of a cop you are a danger and need to be stopped. In that situation you do deserve to be shot, you can easily make choices that would never have it get that far, up to you.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Useless example as that isn't the same as this case. If your legal person has the gun in their hand and runs from the cop then yes, they should shoot and kill him.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Saw that on the news, his last comment had me rolling :D