1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rider School Attendee Number Plate Requirement

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by GDyn, Oct 10, 2017.

1. GDyn

GDyn Member

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I'm thinking about attending the rider school at Grattan this weekend and trying to tally up my to-do list to get the bike ready.

The problem I'm facing is the bike currently has white number plates (with black numbers) on the tail and nose. I know PN's require yellow number plates, however I don't think I'll have enough time to properly paint yellow ones on the bike in time.

Would this prevent me from racing this weekend?

I suppose I could simply tape off the current numbers and fairings and rattle can yellow over the white background, although I'd rather redo the whole thing properly in the off season.

Thanks in advance,

2. GDyn

GDyn Member

After looking at the event schedule here it doesn't actually show any mock races occurring on Sunday. Does that mean the WERA rider school isn't happening anymore?

3. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

I can't help with the second question, but the first is an easy fix. Just put yellow tape down as a makeshift "plate", and then do your numbers in black tape over it. It's what I did for my first weekend...although I've left mine like that for a year...:confused:

rcarson15 likes this.
  4. GDyn

GDyn Member

Well that would be an easy solution! OK well that problem is solved.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think STT is doing a school Friday - but if not we can get you set on Saturday with everything but the mock race, if need be I'll slot that in Sunday.

6. GDyn

GDyn Member

Thanks for the update Sean.

Would I need to let you know ahead of time if I plan on attending or can I just show up and we can go from there?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just show and we'll figure it out. And the yellow tape works great. We'll assign a temp number like 11 or whatever you can make easily with black tape.

ToofPic likes this.
  8. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

You can also get yellow vinyl sheet at a local sign making place to cover your white plates.