1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ride - the video game

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Apr 23, 2015.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Ordered a copy for PS3 from eBay UK since its not out in the US yet. So far I'm linking it. ALOT Of customization can be done to bike and rider which is pretty cool. Only thing I'm not liking so far is the unbelievably long load times.

[​IMG]

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

can't see how realistic it can be..they don't even look at the apex...:Poke:

[​IMG]

3. Chip

Chip Registered

How is the physics engine?

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It's decent. It feels similar to the SBK series of games. Its made by the same company.

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Available from Steam for PC, $40.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm playing with my own bike with the same Marchesini rims I put on it IRL :D

Funny thing....this is a race in a series called "Pre-Modern Superbikes" lol

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So far I've ridden on Imola, Almeria, Donnington and a big surprise Road America is in the game. Those are the actual real tracks thus far, the rest have been a bunch of unknown street courses, not sure what other official tracks are in the game. There is a drag race feature where you race on salt flats.

8. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Damn man you are making me wish this was out at the store where I could just go get it..

9. I didn't think UK games would play on a US PS3?

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  11. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

Did not know that either! That opens up a few options.:beer:

12. Yes im right (they won't play). Or yes UK games will play on a US PS3?

I want to make sure before I order the game.

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

If I remember correctly, its supposed to come out in the US late June unless they push it back again.

PS3 games are not region coded like Xbox games are (NTSC, PAL, etc), so you can play them anywhere. I've been ordering the SBK series of games for PS3 from eBay UK like this for years. Some of the games were out in Europe for like a full year before they came out in the US......unacceptable :D

FYI, Sony confirmed that PS4 games are also NOT region coded either.

14. Bunke10

Bunke10 Well-Known Member

Yup I've ordered MotoGP for both PS3 and PS4 through Amazon UK. Not region locked.

This game looks pretty decent. I might pick it up when it hits the US, although Rory McIlroy 2016 comes out right around the same time. So maybe not.

15. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

O shit I forgot about the rory pga tour coming back out. Damit Ill have to get both. Can you race online with this ride game?

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yup, haven't tried it out yet though.

17. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Do they have a Duranni wheel option? I only ride the very best.

18. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

So is Motogp 15 ever going to come out in the USA for xbox one??

I'm debating if I should buy ride or wait to see if Motogp is finally released...

The Ride demo is decent, I'm just wondering if I'll build up one bike and pretty much put the game down

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

My PS3 puked last week a day after I bought a new 65in Vizio 4K UHD. So I figured it was a good a time as any to upgrade to the PS4. Now I'm wondering if I should get the PS4 version of Ride and start over lol.

I will say when it comes to gaming the PS4 is a no-brainer better console than Xbox1 is. Better library of game, and it displays in better resolution and perhaps more important frame-rate (up to 60fps in some games).

20. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I saw the release date for December 2015 so I bought it from Amazon UK (I have a PS4). It feels only like a modification from last years game, nothing revolutionary.