1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rickman Framed 750 Honda

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by CR750, Jan 13, 2019.

1. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

I have this bike and for many reasons I will never race it again. I am putting on here in the hope that someone will actually develop into the world beating bike I know that it is capable of being. The bike was built by Les at Little Engine Service and no expense was spared. When I got it the motor was blown up due to issues with the Hondamatic crank (triplex chain), I replace the crank, clutch basket and primary chains(s) with stock Honda. I raced it once at the PDX AHRMA race and put it on the podium, the bike is fast and light but a bit of a GP bike (small seating wants you to pilot it from behind the fairing). I am going to kick it in the head and make it a street bike if it does not sell very soon. Below is an incomplete list of what has been done, there is so much. I am looking for $14,000 or a close offer, if you say you want to put a big bore in and race V4 there is a discount. Best to call if you are really interested 5zero3$7o6&9807. Located in Portland OR.
    1. The head was welded up and the intake runners straightened.

2. Lightened Balanced Crank

3. Carillo H-Beam Rods

4. Custom LES pistons bring displacement to 749.Xccs

5. Nova Close ratio 5 speed gear box

6. Ceriani forks and triple clamps GP level kit from the early 1970s

7. Cases cleaned inside and out of any casting roughness

8. Hand Made Oil Tank and oil lines and cooler (Daytona high bank Ready)

9. Keihin CR Carburetors and custom intake runners (AHRMA Formula 750 Legal).

10. Brakes are handled by genuine Lockheed Magnesium Bodied Calipers and ductile iron rotors.

11. Ignition is handled by a Dyna 3000 utilizing a Dyna shift light to pull out timing at high RPMs.

12. Hand Fabricated Aluminum Body work. Templates included with sale to enable easy crash repair.
    side a.jpg front a.jpg Head a.jpg

Attached Files:

Banditracer and joec like this.
  2. mikek

mikek Well-Known Member

beautiful machine!!! to pricey for me.....

3. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

That is why I will probably keep the front end and motor and convert it to a street bike. I think the gear box alone is close to $6K. Just thought I would shop it here to see if there was any interest.

4. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

That's a pretty saucy bike, even if it isn't a Yamaha! :bow:

5. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Maybe list it somewhere like Bring A Trailer? Someone has a Rickman CR900 street bike on there right now. It will be interesting to see where the bidding goes. Apparently the guy had it on ebay for $20K and didn't get any takers.

6. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

Thank you, I put it on here because I would prefer someone to race it, I may try it after a week or so. Oh yeah, i have the stock Rickman tank and seat which will go with it. If I street it I will put them on and keep the hand made one off AL body work.