1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Return to racing after a season ending injury in 2014

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by tittys04, Mar 3, 2015.

1. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

As some of you may remember, I gave Pike's Peak a shot last year. The experience was unlike anything I've ever done, but unfortunately, I didn't get to finish the race as I crashed early in practice, breaking a foot and some ribs. 2014 was a tough year, I found myself fighting mechanical issue after mechanical issue, and then the crash at Pike's Peak. Racing had become more of a nuisance than a fun hobby, so I stepped back for the rest of the year to focus on other things. It gave me time to spend with friends and family, and to rebuild the R6 completely to minimize the chances of any other mechanical issues for at least a little while.

Well... 2014 is over and 2015 is here, and as you can imagine, I've been itching to get back on the race track. We decided I've had enough down time... it was time to knock the rust off and get racing, so we loaded up the toy hauler and set our GPS to Talladega Gran Prix. It was the first time I'd ever turned a wheel at this track, and it was tough learning the track in the sketchy conditions that mother nature gave us, but I progressed throughout the weekend. Losing some battles, winning some battles, and making it home safely gave me the sense that I had won a small battle after the year I had in 2014. I have a long way to go, but I'm happy to have gotten to the race track early in the season and I'm looking forward to a lot more racing this year. To read the full race report, click HERE.

2. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

good stuff :up:

i know we have similar taste in leathers! see you at roebling.

3. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to it! :up:

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Awesome!

Nothing like some time off to see how much more you want it.

5. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Keep on keepin on.

6. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Good read. Like the picture on rain tires at Tally.

Good luck this year!

7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Cool stuff.:clap:

8. lostinbama

lostinbama Well-Known Member

Nice report!