1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement Levers

Discussion in 'General' started by rogers1323, May 16, 2008.

1. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

What do you guys use for replacement brake and clutch levers? Obviously OEM are overpriced, but I don't want to end up with some crap that doesn't fit correctly or isn't high enough quality to work correctly.

And I can't afford expensive stuff like the Pazzo or CRG levers..........

Any of you Suzuki workers know if the '08 brake levers are the same as the '06/07 levers? I know they changed the master cylinder a little..........

2. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

I have had good luck with Lockhart-Phillips stuff. Good prices for racers, too, if you sign up for their Team Privateer program.

I have learned that any spare part that I carry to the track will never again break on my bike. Now I bring a full set of bodywork, bars, levers, rearsets, etc. When I start sliding, some mysterious frorce grabs my bike and jerks it upright again. Then half a lap later my transmission breaks. (I didn't have transmission parts in the trailer before. Now I do...)

3. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

Ebay is a wonderful thing. :D

4. gothicbeast

gothicbeast Back by court order

I have used the $18 eBay lever set made in China... They work fine till they hit the ground. Both times the levers snapped off at the base and I had to install a new set. The bonus was, when I did that on the clutch side, I did not mess up the clutch perch. normally you bend that a bit and have a loose clutch lever, but the china made levers broke with such low force that nothing got bent :)