1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reparations

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ChemGuy, Dec 3, 2019.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

A couple of things.....
    3% generating 500K is more than 16 MILLION in sales for one city :crackup: at that rate I think I can deduce whitey ain't the impediment to success.
    Second if there is only a residency requirement then every white dude should apply and pull a fauxahuantus for a check.

3. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Some of the opposing comments are quite frank, to say the least. Haha.

4. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Da Fuck?

5. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Some dumb ass shit by another dumb ass legislator.

6. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Yeah, so nothing in that article that gives a definition of who is "black" and eligible to receive the funds. What percent of "black" do you need to be? Even if you think reparations are a good idea there just isn't a realistic way of dispensing it equitably. DNA tests have obvious privacy issues. Check a box on a form has major fraud potential. Maybe a skin pigmentation test if there even is such a thing? Spend some time in a tanning booth, and presto you are eligible!

7. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

And this is why I'll be in the VI next week, common sense was lost in the US a long time ago

8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

If i was desperate enough to live in IL I would definitely be "Identifying as black" to get me gubment money.

Good thing Im not.

Hey Illinois...instead of giving money to one special class of people...how about just lowering your crazy effing taxes so everyone can prosper?

kangasj likes this.
  9. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

You're missing their game. Collect a shitload in taxes, promise the world in return, pilfer the funds and give next to nothing in return. Oldest game in politics. The fact the rubes continue to fall for it is the amazing part.

ducnut, G 97 and kangasj like this.
  10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep, the actual end game is for the local government to channel more funds and in the process taking their cut above and beyond making any positive impact towards resolving the perceived problem.

11. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

The cannabis business in IL?

Oh I’m sure that will be fair and equitable. :rolleyes:

12. LarryP

LarryP Banned

DemoRATS do owe blacks. Deys party of slavery.

ducnut likes this.
  13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Please please please stop coming back to the mainland. We don't want you and your incessant whining.

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

ChemGuy and Potts N Pans like this.
  16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Did you choose that version of the picture just for @HPPT ?

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

oui

18. Captain Morgan

relax, this place (US) has good things, most of the time I'm at least 2 deep so don't take anything I ever say with a grain of salt

19. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

No.

20. Captain Morgan

yes means no!