1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Renthal 2nd Generation Road Racing 50mm Clip-On Handlebars

Discussion in 'RidersDiscount.com' started by Riders Discount, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

Thanks again for the order! They are even better when you are at the track and need to make a quick adjustment. No more guessing.

2. Bearsfirehawk

Bearsfirehawk Well-Known Member

Do these interfere with the upper at all on 06/07 GSXRs? I know some have issues just checking. PM me for 50mm for above bike. Thanks

3. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I have a GSX-R600K6 and have no issues with these clip-ons. :)

4. Riders Discount

Plarp is correct. We have installed these on a few of the k6 600's without issue.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  5. Bearsfirehawk

Are the throttle and clutch cables long enough for left to right lock lock without binding up the cables? I dont want the hassle of new cables and all as well. Thanks

6. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I can't say for certain, as I've never used the OEM throttle on this bike. That said, you don't have to run the clip-on tubes at full-length outwards, you can bring them in if you need to get it right.

Here's a crappy picture of my setup with the steering at full right lock and there's still plenty of slack left in the throttle cable. Again, I run an aftermarket throttle with a single cable, so your setup may not permit this.
    [​IMG]

7. Bearsfirehawk

Thanks for the pic.

8. Riders Discount

Let us know if there is anything else you need.

9. waziiiii

waziiiii Well-Known Member

can you please pm me price of 50mm clip ons for my 07 1000rr and price of the kevlar grips please, full diamond. thank you.

10. Riders Discount

Sending PM now

11. 08RR

08RR Well-Known Member

Send me a price shipped to 83647 50mm 08 1000rr thanks

12. Riders Discount

Sending PM now

13. ryguy

ryguy Well-Known Member

just curious, why did they use the harder aluminum for the bars? isn't the point that the bars actually bend, as to not bend the clamp or your triples and forks during a crash?

14. Riders Discount

Renthal has been producing handlebars since 1969 and tested the clip ons for 2 years before releasing them to market. They told us they found the 7075 to be more durable, however I am not an engineer so I would only be speculating as to why.

15. 08RR

08RR Well-Known Member

Do you know of a problem fitting these on the 08 cbr1000rr?

i seen on a friends bike that he had the raised woodcraft clipon's and he told me that any other will hit the fairing...oh no! i have a set of these nice Renthals on the way from your good selves and now im hoping i can make them work, so does anyone know how to get rounds this problem? i dont think i can drop the forks thru that much so they would be mounted on top of the triple, that would be too radical i think.

16. Riders Discount

If you are using stock bodywork you will want to look at the Woodcraft (which we stock as well).

17. 08RR

08RR Well-Known Member

What's your price on a set with the 1.5"raise

18. Riders Discount

$161.99 for the risers with free shipping in the lower 48 and $134.99 for the standard Woodcraft clip ons with free shipping in the lower 48

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  19. Javcc

Javcc Well-Known Member

Price for a set. Honda CBR1000RR '09 Please. Shipped to texas

20. Riders Discount

The CBR1000RR would best use a Woodcraft Riser clip on. The standard clip ons run into clearance issues. The Woodcraft Riser clip ons will run you $161.99.