1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rental car damage

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Morgan, Jul 26, 2021.

1. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup::crackup:Brilliant!

2. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I had a rental car during snowmagedan in Atlanta a few years back. Found out my flight was one that was actually going out after the airport being closed for 2 days. Made it from Marrietta to the airport. I don't think there was a single undented panel on that car. Pretty sure the transmission was toast after holding the pedal to the floor while creeping up the exit for the airport at walking speed. White knuckled the whole way but that glance back at the car as I headed into the building was rather satisfying

3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

OK I will give you the one that didn't happen. Me and my brother went to the Texas Tornado Boot Camp one Halloween. There was an english poof (evidence forth coming) there. Seems he rented a Camaro because he want to experience an American muscle car. So of course we ask did you get the insurance? Well of course he did. So we explained to him the REAL American experience would involve us taking the Camaro out on the dirt track among other things. Well, he was not supportive. So we added some extra by pointing out we could likely get Colin in on it. I mean mister englishman you could go back to Old England and brag about how you Colin Edwards and two a little off hillbillies were doing slides under the lights on the dirt track under the canopy..... I mean you likely could have had almost a 100% of attendees on the sideline cheering and taking pictures.... AND you have the insurance. We could not get him to man up. Then we started discussing other episodes in the past..... It was kind of like the part in Alice's Restaurant except the only one on the bench not clearing out was related :beer: To this day I hold England responsible for sending him over, WANKERS!

4. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

I returned a Frontier with a quarter sized dent in the rear bumper, they wanted 900$. I asked if they had any proof that it wasn't a previous driver that did that, they did not so it was dropped.

Fun Fact: that extra rental coverage that some CC company's provide as an extra incentive is no good for trucks or SUV's. If you rent one of those, get the extra coverage if you plan on crashing it.

5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Isn't that the stuff that's so valuable in catalytic converters ??

TurboBlew and Phl218 like this.
  6. RndHoleSqPeg

RndHoleSqPeg Well-Known Member

My friend told me the same, but my Amex covers trucks up to 10k gvwr.

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

yup, here are the exclusions:

upload_2021-7-29_6-31-43.png

good you pointed that out and made me go look, i had a 9-seater van scheduled for Saturday, might switch that to a large SUV

8. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

I've rented a bunch for work, one issue was a front bumper fog light glass taken out by a flicked up rock. My South African colleague's solution?Smash out the broken glass with a bigger rock, and do the same to the good one on the opposite side to visually even them up. No problem.

BigBird likes this.
  9. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

I think my grandma has better rental car stories.....WTF?

BigBird likes this.
  10. sheepofblue

Statute of limitations on all others, including the one with the bear in Aspen.....

So they never happened.

11. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Was that a guy with the last name of Smith who is rather fast on two wheels?

12. sheepofblue

Don't remember his name. There was couple of foreigners there that were quick. My brother was running neck and neck with one for the fastest time, can't remember if it was the Englishman. But then my brother is a dirt monster, I would tear him up on blacktop while I had not ridden a dirt bike in a long time. FUN event though for sure.

13. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I don't have a lot to add to this thread other than if you rent snowmobiles...ALWAYS get the insurance.

14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Truth ! :crackup::crackup:

Sleds end up in trees...

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I heard a statistic on North Woods Law recently that the approximately 300 rental sleds in the state of NH account for a third of the snowmobile accidents in the state.

Banditracer likes this.