1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Release of American prisoner from North Korea

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by galloway840, Jun 15, 2017.

1. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Wut?

The funny haired despot finally released someone from the overfilled North American jails...

You jest!

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You know how to not get brain injuries at the hands of a man child Napoleon as a US citizen.

Keep your ass out of North Korea.

Pull the plug.

TurboBlew, Banditracer and throwdown like this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't have much sympathy for someone stupid enough to go into North Korea on purpose. I don't see going to war over some idiot.

5. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I agree with Sean. While trying to not sound unconcerned about the plights of a US citizen at the hands of an idiot like the squirrel in NK, if we're going to destroy that country it needs to be done for a much more important reason. Maybe like trying to keep him from trying to destroy another country would be good.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hell I'd even go with attacking because he's coocoo for cocoa puffs before using the idiot as the reason.

Funkm05 and galloway840 like this.
  7. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

While I feel sympathy for his parents I've got to say,,,"why the hell did they let this happen in the first place?" True their son was of legal age, no way to stop him from commiting this stupidity...still....

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hard to have much sympathy. The kid put himself in harms way. I don't wish any ill will on anyone but at the same time people have to be aware of what they are doing and the ramifications of what their actions can create.

Banditracer likes this.
  9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I was thinking about that from a medical standpoint. Even in the United States the care is mediocre at best. Plus you are housed/close quartered with a bunch of animals that most likely havent been vaccinated or seen a physician outside of an ER.

10. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

How to not wind up in a coma / with brain damage from a North Korean jail:

Step 1: Don't go to North Korea.
    Step 2: If you are dumb enough to ignore step 1: Don't take anything, don't touch anything, and don't photograph anything without express permission. I mean including the little shampoo bottle in the hotel room. Probably most important of all, don't say anything that could in any way be taken as a criticism of the government or country. Don't bring a smart phone, tablet or computer that hasn't been wiped of pretty much everything except the OS and the browser. If you can, just bring a non-smart phone only. It probably won't work anyway. Oh heck, this isn't worth it, just go back to step 1.

G 97 likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

12. galloway840

Haha, thanks for catching that! oops

13. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

They choked the poor retard so hard they made him an actual retard. Dude didn't deserve this, but as they say, play stupid games win stupid prizes. Don't go to North Korea and their security services probably won't choke you to death. They might spray nerve gas in your face though if you get uppity.

14. galloway840

Well, the votes seem pretty clear!

I get it, and generally, agree that bad decisions lead to bad outcomes. My position is more along the lines of, "you cannot do just anything you want to an American citizen".

I don't think taking a poster off a hotel room wall rises to the level of a death sentence. That said, I know plenty of folks who have zero remorse when a motorcyclist is injured or killed. Their basic logic is the similar to comments in this thread, "they got what they deserved for doing something stupid in the first place"...

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can do anything you want to a US citizen when they have proven beyond a doubt that they're stupid enough to deserve it.

I feel the same about people being killed doing something truly stupid on a bike too. Just riding doesn't meet that criteria.

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Americans are mistreated in foreign prisons in many countries, including being killed.
    We can't go to war over every dumbass criminal who screws up in another country.
    I feel sorry for the kid, but there are about a million other places he could have visited that would have been safer.
    How many college kids don't survive parties at school every year?
    Scores, I'm sure, possibly hundreds.

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

And now he's dead.
    I'm sure they only released him so they wouldn't have to send a dead body back.

18. galloway840

o.k., all good points, but it still pissed me off...

19. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Why would they have sent the body back??

20. Thistle

Thistle Well-Known Member

Undoubtedly sad and I feel for his family, but an extremely misguided decision to visit a country long known for its evil regime. To misbehave when you're there takes stupid to a whole new level. You can't expect sovereign protection in a nation that doesn't even have an embassy or consulate. Just watched his sentencing - bawling like a baby, he knew he was f@cked...

Serves as a solemn warning for these other western visitors that are naive enough to go and try and make a public statement.