1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red team shirts - yes or no?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by V5 Racer, Sep 23, 2014.

1. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Going to get some more Yo! shirts made and was thinking about red but was wondering about the color.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Doesn't matter on our end. If a rider can't tell the difference between a crew person on pit wall and the starter waving a red flag they probably need to slow down some :D

3. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

LOL, true dat. I've had moments before where corner workers put a red fire extinguisher on the wall or hang a red flag under their canopy, but have yet to be fooled.

4. sowega

sowega #710

With that being said, I'd appreciate it if, when someone stands on the wall at the apex of T7 at Road A, they're not wearing a solid red shirt ;)

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If anyone is standing on the wall there they'd better be a corner worker and absolutely shouldn't be wearing red.

6. sowega

sowega #710

Somebody was standing around that area on Saturday with a big enough red shirt that I did a double take in mid-corner. :crackup:

7. sowega

sowega #710

And, to keep the thread on track, Team Yo! should wear pink shirts.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh - you mean back behind the fence, got ya.

9. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Hey YoMen, we cant make Thursday due to Kathy's gig but will be in late Thursday night. We still want the shirts tho!!!
    And if someone can save us a spot w/30A that would be cool!

10. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Recently, while visiting a race event, and getting up close to the action near a flag station, I was told to zip/button up my jacket. I was wearing a maroon shirt and there was concern that a rider would mistake it for a red flag.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It can happen, had someone tell me they made that mistake at Road Atlanta - but they did realize it was a shirt and the issue was theirs :D