1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red flags in AMA

Discussion in 'General' started by slowohioboy344, Jun 24, 2007.

1. brex

brex Well-Known Member

ROTFL!!! YOU are the one that insinuated when you brought up the location. Your wittle remark of "have any of you bashers seen the place" was the only insinuating going on.
    Can't take your own heat?

2. WSMC34

WSMC34 Well-Known Member

So, how about that Davie Stone guy? :lol

P.S. Regardless if Mat was hurt and laying on the ground or if he had gotten straight up and out of harms way, his bike was still in an impact zone, hence a red flag would be called.
    Mat did not get a ride back to the pits, Mat had his A bike repaired (did not use his B bike) and re-entered the race at the back of the grid. Please, someone explain to me how the rules were not followed? Are people pissed because they feel that the 10 minutes it took to restart the race was too long? Or are people pissed because the guy that caused the red flag and still finished 4th is named Mladin?

3. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

The red was 100% justified. They saw a rider down who wasn't moving and he was in a fast section of track. I can bet that the corner workers and race direction didn't care who it was, they saw a rider down not moving and threw the red.

I was yelling at the TV "he's not moving, where is the red?" If Mladin was seriously hurt all you guys would be yelling for the corner workers head for not getting to him sooner.

4. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Thats why I am mad. I am not really mad, haven't even seen the race yet but if it were me down in that corner I would gurantee that race bus would have left without me. Then again I don't have 20 wrenches standing by to fix my junk either. :stupid:

5. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Inquiring minds want to know....who is this person?????????

6. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

he's a stuntah. nuff said.

7. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I just want to know how Mat's bike made it back to the pit so fast (without him) that they had enough time to rebuild it?

8. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

wild guess,ambulance and crash recovery truck dispatched in same time

9. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

nah. crash truck left 'bout 2min ahead. :D

10. TWF2

RRW had qualifying times posted,I think crash truck was faster :)

11. WSMC34

WSMC34 Well-Known Member

My guess is, it takes a while to run back to pit lane from T2. What's that, nearly a mile around the outside of the track?

12. joe617

joe617 Well-Known Member

That's easy, since the whole thing was staged. Mat's team radio'd to the crash truck to let them know exactly where Mat was planning on highsiding.

13. bcc

bcc painter /fabricator

its not the calling of the red flag that bugs people ,its the bit of extra time it took them to restart .Ahhhh let him have his extra few minutes ,its good for the fans and buisness .He wont win the championship this year and he'll turn into an old hag like duhamel so let him have his last moments in peace.lol

14. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

He didnt get dropped off in his pits, it was quite a ways away from the pits and he took a nice run to get there.

He wrecked in 1 and I believe the crash truck was probably on the access road out of West race control so it wasnt far away. If I remember right the bike was back before Matt.

I'm not a Suzuki fan by any means nor do I have an opinion either way on the whole thing. I could care less because I wasnt on the grid. Just passing along info.

brex, why so much animosity?

15. TWF2

I believe crash truck is close to turn one(pit out maybe).
    last year I had mechanical in turn one and crash truck was picking me up before next lap was completed.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Multiple crash trucks.

Crash truck will also roll quicker because they usually bring in the bike and rider no matter what. They also act as portable corner workers so they head towards the scene as soon as it happens.

17. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

18. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

SO THATS WHAT HAPPENED! :down:
    Im pissed because my DVR didnt catch the end of the MotoGP race. Had to watch the first half again on my computer. But since it was good racing in the first half i wasnt too disapointed....:beer:
    oh as far as the red flag issue, no as long as you get around the track on the bike you were entered on (in the proper direction of the track, see Hacking at Barber) then you should be allowed to restart.

19. Brian811

Brian811 ....

:Off: Yea, I remember watching the bike being loaded in the trailer as the ambulance was just pulling up. That thing was rolling long before the ambulance.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't think Matt's return to the race is in question here as much as the rule itself. Lets forget for a second that it was Matt who benefitted from this rule, its not his fault he is one of the best motorcycle riders on the planet... The orginal question proposed is actually a pretty fair question. Should the person who caused the Red Flag be allowed to continue the race? I hadn't really thought about it until it was asked, and the question has merit.

20. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

So it's OK for you to exagerate but nobody else? Thanks for clarifying the rules of life Evan...[/QUOTE]