1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red flags in AMA

Discussion in 'General' started by slowohioboy344, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Stuntah191

Stuntah191 Guest

So what he admitted is that he can't prove my suspicion wrong. I got that already.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bzzzzttttt...... still not working for ya.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Can you come up with even one iota of proof it could be right? Of course not, hence an opinion that makes no sense no matter how strongly you feel it, it's still bullshit you're creating out of thin air.

4. etemplet

etemplet Well-Known Member

I've watched enough AMA Superbike racing to know exactly how long it takes to clean up a red flag situation. Exactly the amount of time it takes Mladdin to get his bike fixed and onto the grid. Heh. What did I win ? :D :rock:

5. Stuntah191

Stuntah191 Guest

Working fine for me my friend. Plus, I don't have to resort to your bully tactics. And, you haven't proven your stance is ANY more valid. Just that you disagree. It's one helluva coincidence at best.

6. Stuntah191

Stuntah191 Guest

You can call someone's opinion bullshit 1000 times, and even hold your bully breath if you want. It still won't make a difference.

See? :D

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What bully tactics? It's bullying that I know what I'm talking about and you do not?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Actually I have proven mine more valid. You really aren't all that good at this are you?

9. Stuntah191

Stuntah191 Guest

What do you "know?" I didn't claim to KNOW anything. Other than the whole thing stinks.

It STILL DOES.

10. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

Did anybody time it ?? It didn't seem like that long of a break to me. I haven't seen anyone put a bike back together that fast since Vesrah at Barber last year. :up:

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I know that I've been working at races for 20 years and attend anywhere from 30-40 every year which puts me at the track working a LOT of red flags.

How many races have you been to in your life? How many red flags have you worked?

12. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

OK...I'll chime in.

I was at the race, in Matsushimas pit at the end of the GP garages so I could see Yosh/Suzuki pit quite well. My wife was a Grid Marshall so I guess I have a little bit of insight. Matt wrecked, got in the ambulance and made it halfway to the garage. Next thing we know he's running up the pit wall. His bike was being torn down before he even made it there. My wife was 10 feet from me when this was going down and they were working over grid sheets very quickly after the wreck. The whole thing really didnt take very long and it was VERY cool to watch. The timeline was Matt in ambulance from turn 1, Matt running up the pitwall from pit-in, Matt changed leathers and helmet and got on his bike and rode out.

While this was going on the Safety Crew was checking every inch of the track involved in the accident and the runout area for hazzards. They dont take chances out there, T1 isnt slow and they wanted to be sure no one got into trouble for a spill or part laying on the track.

I thought it was handled very well. JMHO

13. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

why didn't E-Boz start?

14. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Bad highside Sat. , seperated his shoulder.

15. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Stuntah, are you really this dumb, or are you just another fool?

16. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The entire grandstand at the clubhouse corner cheered wildly when Miggy put his last pass on Matty on the last lap.
    It was a thing of beauty. Everyone was trying to will Roger past number 66 as well. Too bad for Porkchop.

17. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

There you go, exploding a perfectly good conspiracy theory with the FACTS! Cleanup can be a real mutha nowadays when there is synthetic oil involved. When I am involved with running an event, rest assured I am riding Control's ass like you won't believe to get a green track ASAP! I have a schedule to follow, and red flags raise holy hell with it!
    The rule book is pretty direct when it comes to what to do with riders who cause a red flag. LRRS's puts the rider at the back of the field of the lap they were on. We also tried something to save us the aggravation of figuring out who to blame. If the red flag happens after the halfway point (ending the race) and several riders are down, they are all disqualified! Works pretty good.

I personally don't like Mladin, but I will admit that he and his team are the hardest working S.O.B.'s in the paddock. I believe they got the work done without any favors.

If you think a rule sucks, work to change it.

18. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

have you stopped beating your wife yet?

19. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

I've managed projects all over the world for 20 years and I'm never wrong. EVER. :up:

And dont you silly foos forget it!:moon:

20. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

If I want any shit outta you, sonny, I'll squeeze your neck...