1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red flags in AMA

Discussion in 'General' started by slowohioboy344, Jun 24, 2007.

1. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

there was very little or nothing too clean up ..

2. TTR174

TTR174 Rescue and restoration of 60's and 70's bikes

Mladin should win an academy award for that acting performance, reminiscent of Miguel, Road Atlanta.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How many of you were at the track and working the incident? I know what I saw on TV wasn't enough information for me to tell anything or come to any sort of conclusion. But then again, what do I know.

4. Stuntah191

Stuntah191 Guest

We saw what you did, and are entitled to the same differing opinion. And my opinion is that the AMA rescued what is already the most boring championship in the series.

5. slowohioboy344

slowohioboy344 Well-Known Member

I have always felt that you shouldn't be able to continue. This isn't even the first time this year that this has been an issue. I think that the AMA would have let Hacking continue at Barber during supersport if they didn't need to change bikes. I just don't like the rules allowing this to happen, if you crash and stop a race your race should be over.

I'll stop ranting :)

6. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

:stupid:

yea pretty much.

but what do we know..we're just stupid racers... genetic material lucky enough to form a functioning organism (and pay race fees). Certainly not capable of comprehending the complex matters facing, or worthy of questioning the decisions of The Almighty Race Director, that position of Power, Wisdom and Ultimate Authority oooh! :up:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
  7. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Most of us wouldn't have walked away from that highside much less jog to the pits. He is an amazing athlete and a more amazing racer. Crashing that fast over the top hurts, period.

mmfoor

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Aw, did you guys get mad because I actually know what I'm talking about rather than being an armchair quarterback? Well gee I am so sorry that you don't have a leg to stand on with regard to your opinion. Try thinking before you form one next time.

9. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

:bow: :bow: :bow:

10. Stuntah191

Stuntah191 Guest

That is just another one of your ill formed opinions. That is the beauty of opinions. I'd say that sasrocks nailed you cold.

11. etemplet

etemplet Well-Known Member

Amazing how often that happens. Matts bike is fixed and he's OK to race. Allright post the grid sheets and get this thing going. :D Kinda difficult to lose a championship with luck like that ain't it ?

Everyone has their opinions and I have mine and at times it kinda reminds me championship wrestling.

When I do watch AMA Superbike racing, I fast forward the race and if Mladdin wins, I delete without watching it. Or I cheat and read on the message board and find out who won the race before I watchit. If Mladdin doesn't win, I watch it. :up: It's the Suzuki show anyway. What's the point ?

What would be wrong with starting the fallen rider 1 lap down ? Seems fair to me. :D

Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
  12. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I thought there was 1/2 hour minimum for professional racing until restart.
    scoring,grid,clean up,tire changes......
    difference is that privateer would not have time to put bike together,mans power,parts....

13. Chad & Robyn

Chad & Robyn Well-Known Member

It's true that if you cause a red flag in WERA your DQ'd, right?

14. NuttZ

NuttZ Well-Known Member

If it is so boring why you watching it? :confused:

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If there is no restart - yes, you are dq'd. If there is a restart and you have a second bike - you're lucky.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ill formed opinions are usually without any experience or knowledge of a given subject. In this instance, it is an impossibility for sas or you to nail me cold. You have quite simply no idea what you are talking about.

17. Stuntah191

Stuntah191 Guest

You admitted earlier that you don't know either. You pretend to be smarter than this. Bullying is simply not going to work for you on this one. That's the beauty of the opinion that I explained to you earlier. :beer:

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

See, again you don't get it. My opinion is there isn't enough evidence to make a call on the red taking too long. That is a viable opinion based on fact and my knowledge of racing.

Your "opinion" is they held the red for Mladin. You have nothing at all on which to base that opinion. So it isn't even viable as an opinion, which makes it just a stupid statement.

Not sure how I can explain this clear enough for you to understand but I hope I've helped some.

19. Steve Karson

Steve Karson Tcasby is my Bitch !!

No he admitted he did not see enough to make an informed opinion on that incident, but he has plenty of experience in dealing with red flags and cleaning them up, to know how long it can be.
    How much experience do you have cleaning up a red flag situation? If you have never worked a red flag as a corner worker or race director, how do you know how long it takes??

20. Stuntah191

Stuntah191 Guest

Oh, well I've changed my mind then. :rolleyes: Not. It is MY OPNION that the red flag incident is bullshit. I don't need Ron Barrick, or some half stepper piping in to bolster MY OPINION. It isn't the first time Mladin has been "lucky" in his quest to topple Ben Spies. :p

Everything you say is stupid. See how easy this is? :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2007