1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend a podcast

Discussion in 'General' started by L8 Braker, Nov 10, 2016.

1. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Just listened to The Smoking Tire. It is a automotive one, they had Dax Shappard talking about his movie Chips. Guy seems pretty cool, aparently did alot of his own motorcycle stunts on the movie, including stoppies on a bmw police bike.

2. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Anyone listening to the S-Town Podcast? So fascinating!! One of the other podcasts I listen to did a whole segment about S-Town that got me interested. No better way to pass the time on my commute to work.

3. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Not sure if this has been mentioned in the previous pages, but the "Art of Manliness" is a great podcast that covers a wide array of topics such as training, ethics, character, nutrition, etc. Its professionally made and has had great content.

I use Podcast Addict as an app for listening.

4. G Costanza

G Costanza Well-Known Member

Votes for:
    Serial (season 1)
    S-Town
    Joe Rogan
    Ken Hill
    Ted Talks

5. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Are you finished with S town? They got so lucky he was such an interesting person or it could have been a dud. I thought it was well done

6. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Not yet. It would have totally been a dud if he wasn't interesting. I'm on episode 5.

7. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

+1

8. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

+1 for the meateater podcast, lots of good discussions about hunting, conservation and land issues.

9. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Motopod or Paddock Pass. However if you don't like actual facts and truths when it comes road racing then you better off reading the beeb ...

10. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I was stuck in traffic for 2 hours yesterday and was able to finish S-Town. The whole podcast was so well done and John B. Macklemore was fascinating. I would like to know what happened to Tyler though.

11. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Another vote for Joe Rogan Experience (guest dependent). Check out the episodes with Grant Hancock and Randall Carlson, then the one with Andy Stumpf, and when he had Alex Jones on, with the caveat the Eddie Bravo will most likely make you want to punch yourself in the face to make it stop.

12. yooperbikemike

yooperbikemike Well-Known Member

Soupkast (especially the ones when Julian Ryder is a guest)
    Paddock Pass
    Two Enthusiasts

13. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

I'm probably on my own with this one but Jim Norton plays a character named "Chip Chipperson" and now has a podcast as him, "The Chip Chipperson Podcast". The third, and latest, episode had me crying in my car from laughing so hard. If you like Jim Norton, or more raunchy comedy, this is up your ally.

14. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

You lost me there. Jensen is incredibly annoying with his constant plugging of A&R "breaking stories" which a lot of the time wasn't the case.

15. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I have a buddy that is a pretty good "open mike" comedian that partnered up with another funny guy to put out this new podcast, the Bait and Switch Podcast. New podcasts will be released on the 1st, 11th, 21st and 31st of the month.

Available on Soundcloud.

https://soundcloud.com/user-280531442

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Motoweek is pretty good.

17. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Casefile True Crime is one of my favorite podcasts. Their latest episode is about a murder that happened on Phillip Island in the 80’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

Cocaine & Rhinestones, stories about the history of 20th century (real) country music by David Allen Coe’s son, Tyler Mahan Coe. Well researched, thorough, and interesting if you dig classic country music. First season is out.

He also does Your Favorite Band Sucks, which is hilarious. No sacred cows unmolested.

19. BarryG

BarryG Well-Known Member

Dinner with Racers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Time to resurrect this thread, I have lots of grass to cut this summer.

Stuff you Should Know is entertaining
    This American Life has been good but has taken a political lean lately
    Heard some good ones on Psycho Schizo Espresso with Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden

what else is good lately?