1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rec size for enclosed trailer

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by brokenwing, Jan 19, 2011.

1. drop

drop Well-Known Member

ME AND A BUDDY WENT IN ON IT...we did steal it.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

is it aluminum? I cant see that trailer running over $7k if its steel framed.
    Nice trailer nonetheless. :up:

3. drop

drop Well-Known Member

after its bank financed, imagine lol...

4. ktkwong

ktkwong newbie of WERA

by full size truck, is a v6 tacoma good size? im looking at a 6x10/6x12 v-nose. does anyone know how much more an aluminum vs steel and weight?

5. brokenwing

brokenwing Well-Known Member

about 1/3 more to start is a good baseline for steel vs aluminum

6. ktkwong

ktkwong newbie of WERA

so im looking at the 6x10 v-nose.. my v6 2009 tacoma should haul no problem right?

7. Brian_45

Brian_45 Well-Known Member

I'd recommend a 7x16 with 6.6' interior height. I've read of too may people buying 6x12's and regretting it the following year. As for a 7x14, they are only $200 or so cheaper than the 7x16 and the weight difference is near nothing.

My 7x16 can fit 2 bikes and everything for 2 people for a weekend with room to spare. It also holds at least two air mattresses (1 queen and 1 double) and can probably hold another double if needed.

My F-150 (5.4 with tow package) pulls it comfortably at 75mph.

Oh, and tandem axle with electric brakes on both axles are a must, IMO. Like Chris said, you don't want stopping to be a problem. :up:

8. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

It will pull it fine, just don't expect really good mileage. What you have to check, is if you can STOP. I towed a 6x12 with my GMC Sonoma ZR2 just fine.

9. TurboBlew

cheapest I ever saw a baseline aluminum 6 x 12 was $4300.
    Same basic trailer in steel is $1900.
    Weight of the aluminum is about 1/2 the steel. (1800lbs vs 950lbs)

10. TurboBlew

I wouldnt say "no problem"... but Id add a trans cooler if its auto.
    Try to get teh most length possible. All the 6' I saw could be ordered up to 14' long with the upgraded axles.

11. ktkwong

ktkwong newbie of WERA

12. TurboBlew

seems like its kinda expensive for the size. Not sure what they cost in CA. Same trailer would be about a grand cheaper in FL. New 6x12s are $1800

13. ktkwong

ktkwong newbie of WERA

yeah out here in socal a 5x8 goes for around 1.5k already. the 6x10 are usually 3k+

14. Brian_45

Brian_45 Well-Known Member

:wow: I only paid $3500 for my 7x16

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I bought a new 2008 Haulmark 6x14 for $2550 OTD....buy that was 20 miles from the factory.

16. Vinny337

Vinny337 Vin is in...Beastmode!

Seem like you scored...:up: