1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rebuilding Fox twin clicker

Discussion in 'General' started by giggity, Nov 4, 2018.

1. giggity

giggity I don’t know bout that

Hey guys, i have a Fox twin clicker shock in decent shape.Is this thing worth rebuilding or just move on to something more modern ? and who might be able to do it ? I was thinking of putting it in my R3 wouldn’t take much from what I can tell. Thanks !

2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Zoran/Twin Works can do it.

3. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Kent at GMDComputracATL can do that no problem.

As far as if it's worth it or not...depends on if it's doing the job for you or not...if it is, then rebuild it.

4. giggity

Thanks for the replies guys. It’s been sitting on a shelf for quite a while and was thinking maybe that will fit in the R3 and put it to work. I wasn’t sure if they even made parts for these anymore. I’ll give them a call. Thanks.

5. For the r3, get a new one. For what it would cost to rebuild plus probably need a spring vs buying one that is already sprung (close to correct as you can get as a starting point) your probably going to end up with more into the Fox getting it to work. Plus all the track time etc. A newer shock your tuner/ and or other folks that may be willing to offer known decent set up advice will net you less money.

6. giggity

I was wondering how much I might have to invest in getting it working accurate again and yeah I would have to get a spring and dial it all in. I’ll call and see what’ s involved $ wise but was thinking about putting an ohlins in and speeding things up. Thanks.

7. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Id suggest giving Thermosman a call.
    He can answer any questions you have about shock and if it will fit and the expense for it to work.

Steven

8. I apologize if I came off like an ass, I was just running the scenario in my head of “if” it would even work then started adding up the unknowns.

9. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

Give David Behrend a call at Fast Bike Industries 828-435-0125 and talk to him about a Nitron shock