1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real John Deere thread

Discussion in 'General' started by sheepofblue, Jul 5, 2021.

1. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

anything with a Yanmar.
    LS, Branson, New Holand all the same in SCUT world.
    My LS has been the best tool I’ve ever purchased. We find more uses for it all the time.

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

what was the strike about?

3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Forks....trust me

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Not was, is. Started a couple days ago.

Phl218 likes this.
  5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Union demanding more crap...what else would a strike be about?

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

Vaccine mandates? More inclusion? Free beer?

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

The usual...less work...more money...

ChemGuy likes this.
  8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

[​IMG]

9. Phl218

Phl218 .

nah, just purely informational.

would not want the thread to go South west

scottn and Sabre699 like this.
  10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Gotta admire the way you think. :beer:

Phl218 likes this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

He’s Deutsch. WTF else does he think about?

Sabre699 and Phl218 like this.
  12. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Who buys 180 bags of mulch? Bulk truck load at that volume

13. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

the only problem I’ve had in these four years was a bearing seized on one of the blades on the mowing deck. Cost me about $275 with labor. Happened 2 months after the warranty expired. Go figure. Other than that, it’s been stone cold reliable.

14. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

After you have a tractor and FEL

15. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If I had a tractor to move it around with then it wouldn't be in bags...thus the impending purchase.

16. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

I did the math last year. Home Depot sale prices in spring work out to be less than bulk price delivered from the wholesale supply. And it wasn’t even close.

Phl218 likes this.
  17. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

I buy mulch at about $50/yard. And I don't care if Home Depot is cheaper, not having to deal with all the damn bags is worth it.

18. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

I’m confused what’s so hard about the bags? I’ve done both and forking the mulch into a wheel barrow only to then dump and fork it out blows. Then you have to rake up where the pile was or sweep out the truck etc. just rio top of bag, dump around shrubs, smooth and go. Put all bags in another large trash bag. Not that difficult.

this seems like a conversation I’d be having with my dad. No matter what, it’ll have weeds in it. He tried to do a nice thing and buy the stuff the Boy Scouts were selling last year. His garden beds were wrecked. Looked like he planted weeds the stuff was so littered.

Phl218 likes this.
  19. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

At my prior house, would buy in bulk, drive truck around the house and unload. One touch. New house, doesn't seem I'm gonna get that opportunity and one truck bed full won't do it either.

20. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

John Deere workers took a number of concessions in there last contract in 2015 . Since 2019 the company profits have increased by 84% . The workers are being “ FORCED “ to work overtime ; 10-12 hour days weekly and on Saturday. The new contract offer , which has a number of additional cuts to post retirement medical care , and additional pension cuts among other cuts and an increase in pay in the 5-6 % pay range . Yet the CEO got an increase in compensation of 160 % over last year alone .... Maybe the workers , who made ALL of this possible, would like to spend more time with their families and be compensated fairly ... just a thought!

bleacht, G Dawg, Phl218 and 3 others like this.