1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RD350 Suspension

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by grasshopper, May 3, 2017.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

To the RD guys on the board... What's the budget rear suspension of choice? Stock length? I'm looking to replace / upgrade the shocks on mine. I don't see anything on the Fast from the past page or the economy cycle page for rear shocks.

The forks are freshly rebuilt and feel good.

2. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

I ran progressive shocks with the lighter springs on my CB350 race bike for two seasons with no issues whatsoever. That's probably about as "budget" as I'd want to go for a race bike.

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

On my RD build....thats on a backburner.......im going to give stock triumph thruxton shocks a go. They handle the weight and damping well enough on a 450 pound brickwall of a bike,Im figuring on the RD it'll be even better for track duties.Disclaimer: Not tested yet:D

4. BlueR32

BlueR32 Well-Known Member

Talk to Dave Quinn about Hagon shocks for the RD. I bought a pair from him for my RD400. He will advise spring rate based on weight, usage etc.
    https://www.davequinnmotorcycles.com/

grasshopper likes this.
  5. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Thanks I sent him an email.

6. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

7. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Longer on the rear, RD's benefit from pulling the rake in a bit, best way to do it is to jack the back up a bit. Feel free to PM-E-mail me direct I can give the full low down for a suspension setup (most of it can be done on the cheap)