1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RC Drifters in here!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by redciv1, Jan 23, 2015.

1. redciv1

redciv1 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to know if there were any RC drifters on the board.
    Red Cat Lightning(Yep, that's right) 3500kv 10T Brushless Speed Passion combo ESC
    HPI Silvia S15 shell
    MST Copper 77SV +8 offset
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

very nice build.

I've been out of the hobby for a number of years now, but I was mostly into touring and trucks. It was more expensive than racing bikes. I chose the bikes.

3. redciv1

Thanks. Yeah, I was out for about 10-15 years. I was into Touring also, Nitro. I kept up with things enough to realize that Brushless setups were the thing to go for electric. I was tired of fussing with carbs and needles and even though there is nothing like the smell of RC fuel, these brushless setups are the way to go. Pretty much maintenance free and can make tons of power.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Last time I bought a car, the Kyosho Optima was cool. :D

How do you maintain a drift without picking up too much speed? Do those cars have front brakes or something?

5. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

That's gay...

Wait... do the tires smoke? That would be cool. Otherwise it's gay. :D

6. redciv1

LOL, no the tires do not smoke, although you could rig something up.

It's actually mostly in the tires which are usually really hard plastic. Most drift RC's are actually 4WD as opposed to RWD. Its about feathering the throttle and working the steering. There are different companies like HPI and Raikou that make drift specific tires. The cheap way to drift is as simple as using PVC pipe or ABS pipe that you can get from Home stores.

7. tikki50

tikki50 Well-Known Member

my son and I use a traxxas slash for bashing lots of fun and well it's a learning experience with him, shocks, gearing, other mechanical type stuff. Really fun getting these that muddy. Looking for a set of ohlins shocks for the truck, just not finding any LOL.

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Vids or its gay!!!

9. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

:mad:

The chain drive version or the "Turbo Optima" with belt drive?

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Chain drive.

11. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I have 2 1/18 Traxxas drifters and a 1/10 scale drift. Fun on the concrete floor at the shop.

12. redciv1

Yeah, that is the reason why I got back in, I purchased two cars for my son. My first hobby grade car was a Tamiya Grasshopper back in 85. I learned so much about the workings of cars that helped me as I got older.
    LOL, I will have the son do a short vid, but you can you tube rc drift.

13. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

:stupid:

:)

14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Let me take the mystery and allure out of electric RC drifting for you.

[​IMG]

You still have to do a little work but the electronics handles most of it.

15. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

16. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I had that car!!! :beer:

I still have my RC-10 B2!!! That car is a blast!! :clap:

17. redciv1

Hey Venom, D-Boxes are for beginning drifters. The secrect is practice. Actually you can tell a driver is using a D-Box because the transitions are waaaaay to smooth.

18. redciv1

:up:

19. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

:clap:

20. USracer900

USracer900 Well-Known Member

I got a Kyosho Optima for Christmas, 1986 I think. Ran like crap but looked SO cool. If they rereleased it like the RC10 I would buy one in a heartbeat. BTW, drifting is for nerds, the cool RC guys fly helicopters. :)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015