1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Raw diet for dogs, input needed.

Discussion in 'General' started by CB186, May 19, 2016.

1. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Ours (and I think most dogs) don't do well with change. A consistent diet keeps them happy and healthy. I don't even like to give them the heels of the bread, lest I regret it when cleaning up the yard... That said, our toddler didn't finish her angus burger last night, and I'll be damned if I was going to throw away perfectly cooked burger on a national holiday!

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

the thing with raw is, once you transition into it, you should stay there, raw doesn't mix well with processed foods. that will upset them in particular.

3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

We started him on is a week and a half ago. Began with buying the pre made patties(for ease to start with), and over the weekend, made a month of so worth of our own. Veniso(we have a lot and it will be his main meat), duck, pheasant(sorry Fizzer), goose and chicken. All are mixed with about 25% veggie purees, coconut oil, organ meat(liver, heart, etc). She forgot to add the raw egg, so that will be the next batch.

It seems to be agreeing with him quite well and he loves it.

4. Phl218

Phl218 .