1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rausch Creek Update

Discussion in 'General' started by WERA, Apr 26, 2001.

1. WERA

WERA Administrator

Okay kids, it's official. Rausch Creek will not open in time for our May 26-27 date so that event is cancelled. We are going to try and see if another date is available but for now we don't have anything firm (in other words don't call or email - I don't have an answer!). I'll post here as soon as we have more.

We will be doing a mailing to get to everyone in the area before that but just in case please spread the word to your friends without an internet connection.

Thanks!

2. WERA

WERA Administrator

Oh yeah - John, we'll send out a release as soon as we know what's up with the possibility of a reschedule. I'm heading to T'dega now so it might not be until next week.

3. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

SURPRISE!!!! [​IMG]

4. WERA

WERA Administrator

I knew I was dreaming but it was a really good dream so I didn't want to let it go [​IMG]

5. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

COOL! A holiday weekend off! I'm headed to the beach! No, wait... it'll rain...

6. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Poor George, can't go nowhere for that big black cloud that is always following him. [​IMG]

7. Mark@RCMS

Mark@RCMS Well-Known Member

Well,

George, if what Tracey says is true, then I would repectfully ask you stay at least 50 miles away from Rausch Creek until we pave, thank you.

As for the rest of WERA, and all of the participants and spectators, it is very unfortunate we are unable to have the track ready for your race weekend at the end of May.

The good news is, we have finally broken into a real spring, and we are looking at great weather conditions for the next week or so. As we work around the course, we will be bringing the surface and verges to final grade, and follow right along with the team that is cutting in the pavement box. Into the box will go the stone base, and on top of that will be what we've all been waiting for, pavement.

As the good weather continues, so will the construction. Keep an eye on our website for updates, and pictures...

Mark Deery

8. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

Mark, is it safe to assume that the "other" races scheduled for the first week of May will be cancelled as well?

9. WERA 591

WERA 591 Well-Known Member

Hey Mark, having been to the track and getting a "grand tour" by Quinn, I think the wait will be worth it. Good weather to you and the crew. We're chompin' at the bit to get on what will be a fun ride. Dean

10. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

what he said. In case that wasn't obvious from our constant abuse. [​IMG]

11. slow rider

slow rider Well-Known Member

Is there going to be another racetrack scheduled in its place in May. If I may be so bold to suggest moving one of the 3 June races to May if at all possible.
    Yea, nea, indifferent???

12. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

From the Sybil Website:
    Rausch Creek Motor Sports Park Construction Delay Makes July CCS The First Ever Event At Revamped Facilities.
    Unfortunately, Mother Nature has not co-operated with construction at the new Rausch Creek Motor Sports Park, and the track management has been forced to postpone the grand opening until June 23rd. "We have had one of the longest winters in recent years" said Andrew Stutzman, General Manger of the Rausch Creek facility, "and we want to be sure that everything is right before we open the gates for the first time. We know that you never get a second chance to make a first impression and we want everyone to have a good impression of Rausch Creek Motorsports Park."

The change in the opening date makes the July 14-15 CCS event the first sanctioned race event at the new facility, following the cancellation of the June 2-3 event. The delay will also allow the construction crew more time to complete more items off the list of planned amenities, such at 10 full acres of paved paddock, at this new road racing facility. We hope you join us in July to make history at Rausch Creek Motorsports Park...

[This message has been edited by SClark (edited 04-27-2001).]

13. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

I think you'll find that the tracks have their weekends solidly booked by now.

#545 Keith Palmer

Just replace your 9/7-9 Rausch "National Challenge" date with a "Sportsman" date [​IMG]

15. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Or maybe Bridgehampton? [​IMG]

Oh, and Mark.... I was gonna ride out there this weekend. If I do, I can settle the dust at the ATV park. For free! [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Rain Director (edited 05-08-2001).]

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Love to but the tracks have the other weekends booked (otherwise we wouldn't have done those weekend in a row in the first place).

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Gotta keep this on the first page for a little while longer....

18. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

I'll help. [​IMG]

Have you asked Suzuki about replacing the date?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, it makes more sense to first try and change the date with Rausch Creek (FWIW we've been playing phone tag and right now I'm it). Once that is handled one way or the other I'll contact the OEM's.

I do know it won't be a problem, we've been through this before....

20. Jeffro510

Jeffro510 Hand bra for hire!!!!

Mark, doesn't the pavement need time to cure once it is installed? It just seems too quick to lay the pavement in May and open the track in June. Just wondering...