1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rape or no Rape NSFW

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Sideshow, Oct 21, 2013.

?

Rape or no Rape

Poll closed Dec 20, 2013.
  1. Yes she was raped

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  2. No she wasn't raped.

94 vote(s)
    97.9%
  1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

In this case, saving face.
    I can think of a lot of reasons.
    Depends on any number of circumstances.
    Could be as simple as her being pissed off at the guy for something.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You seriously can't imagine how a girl regretting an incident like the one in the video would want to place blame on others?

Seriously?

Didn't we have the dense conversation recently?

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

But did he understand the conversation?

4. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

How can how false rape allegations protect a woman's reputation? Rape kits are painful, invasive and humiliating. Law enforcement treats rape victims like criminals and interrogates them good cop/bad cop style. Everyone drags out your entire sexual history. You get mocked, blamed, and threatened by strangers online. It is not easy to accuse someone of rape. It's actually really really harrowing. That's why so many victims don't come forward. I don't buy it.

Did you know you cant add an administrator to your ignore list? :D

5. Venom51

How many 16 to 25 year old girls do you believe know that they will be treated this way when reporting a rape?

I suspect that number is very low. It's more likely they feel a sense of shame large enough to keep them from reporting it.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The girl let herself be fingered on a public street - a rape kit in a hospital isn't as degrading or as public. Being a victim is better to the vast majority of them than being the slut.

Your problem is your comparing real rape victims who have been through a real trauma to a girl that regrets getting laid. They are worlds apart in what has happened to them. A real rape victim isn't going to be falsely accusing anyone, they were raped after all....

7. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Money!

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Her lack of good judgement is already obvious. Her inability to think things through or consider that actions have consequences does not translate to "she has no reason to lie".
    Angry people often do stupid things without thinking about the possible consequences of their actions.
    Why would a woman get mad at the father of her children and then kill those innocent children to get revenge on their father?
    I can't explain the thinking that goes into something like that, but it's happened many times, and it will happen many more times.
    People do fucked-up stuff sometimes. Logic and reason don't necessarily apply.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Shame, anger, revenge are common ones. Among many others. You can't possibly be that naïve.
    You're assuming that a woman who falsely accuses someone of rape is thinking rationally and is well informed about the ramifications on herself. When your focus is hurting someone as badly as you can, you don't necessarily think about possible backfire.

Have you really not ever read or heard about cases where someone makes a false reputation and later confesses? How sheltered is your life? :D

10. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I was not commenting in the context of this particular case, which I believe is likely a false accusation. Rather, I think the notion that half of all rape accusations are false. I absolutely do not believe that.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Doesn't matter what you believe as you obviously believe in the millions that aren't reported.... Yet there is no proof of any such thing.

12. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

13. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Again, from the wiki:
    According to the American Medical Association (1995), sexual violence, and rape in particular, is considered the most under-reported violent crime.[8][9]

The most common reasons given by victims for not reporting rapes are the belief that it is a personal or private matter, and that they fear reprisal from the assailant. A 2007 government report in England says "Estimates from research suggest that between 75 and 95 percent of rape crimes are never reported to the police."[10]

I am going to go with the AMA over the Race Director on this one. :Poke:

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

15. Venom51

Stop pointing out pesky details like those numbers were from almost 20 years ago.

Damn it I'm old.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Again from the Wiki

In 1994, Eugene J. Kanin of Purdue University investigated the incidences of false rape allegations made to the police in one small urban community between 1978 and 1987. He states that unlike those in many larger jurisdictions, this police department had the resources to "seriously record and pursue to closure all rape complaints, regardless of their merits." He further states each investigation "always involves a serious offer to polygraph the complainants and the suspects" and "the complainant must admit that no rape had occurred. She is the sole agent who can say that the rape charge is false."
    The number of false rape allegations in the studied period was 45; this was 41% of the 109 total complaints filed in this period.[15] The researchers verified, whenever possible, for all of the complainants who recanted their allegations, that their new account of the events matched the accused's version of events.

That's almost 1/2

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

A wiki report and an AMA report from the mid 90's? :crackup:

What's funny is I never said a word about the 50% thing. I will now though - I think it's wrong.

Never said how I felt about real rapes being under reported - I think they are. However, not to the extremes that are portrayed by groups who benefit from overestimating such things.

What I did comment on is my incredulity that you couldn't imagine a single scenario where a woman would make a false accusation. I gave you a single example. Because that's what was being discussed. Not the numbers of unreported or false reports.

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

two more good ones...

Getting a payoff in court and also a psycho wife wanting to remove her husband from the house needs but to make a false allegation to the cops and he's booted out of his own home.

19. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

But I never said that. It's not what I typed at all.

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Wasn't there just a case in Louisiana or Mississippi recently of a woman who was caught having an affair with the pastor of her church and when confronted with it, she told her husband the pastor raped her, resulting in the husband (who was also a deacon) walking into the church and gunning the pastor down?