1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RAM Cycles in MD stole my money!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Schump, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Schump

Schump Pimp w/a Slight Limp

I'm a bit annoyed. ok, it's not like $80 will pay my security deposit or 1st month's rent, but I sold Jeremy, the owner of RAM a duc fuel pump for one of his customers' 900SS about 2 months ago, and he said he'd mail me a check. I waited a few weeks after priority mailing him the pump. Still no check.... I called them again, he said, "oh, i'm sorry...[don't remember if he said he forgot or not, it doesn't matter] I'll cut you a check today and mail it tomorrow."
    now it's been almost another month, and guess what????
    still no check from him.
    WTF? i guess I shouldn't trust anyone i don't meet face to face!
    From the looks of their website (i think they bought what used to be CAD cycles in Gaithersburg) they aren't in the red, and they shouldn't be waiting till they finish putting the 900ss back together and when they deliver the bike to the customer and then get paid to finally be able to cut me a check for a lousy $80.
    (yes, i emailed him again this morning and will call monday if no repsonse...)
    anyone have the same experience w/ RAM or any other people or bike shops?
    ...I know, i should have just used PayPal...doah!:confused: :tut:

2. eppy01f4i

eppy01f4i Well-Known Member

I have bought a couple things from Jeremy and RAM.... they never came off "shady" and they definitely made some huge improvements to the shop they bought (overall customer appeal, cosmetic). I had them change some bearings in a wheel and they do all my tire swaps... no real problems.

But I can't say I have spend any "big money" with them, they just seemed to be trying to bring the shop back up. CAD seemed to be slipping in the past couple years and there inventory of parts and gear was covered in dust. :eek:

Just my opinion on the shop like you asked not taking sides.

Good luck with the money hope you get things worked out. :)