1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Raising the rear of a 09' CBR600RR

Discussion in 'Tech' started by C.R.Gixxer, Feb 9, 2011.

1. C.R.Gixxer

C.R.Gixxer Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I'm not allowed to use an after market shock, was wondering how everyone raises the rear on the stock shock for the cbr600rr?
    Shims?
    Adjustable links?
    And where to buy please.

Background side note, "This is my first Honda I'm a Gixxer guy and have always shimmed my Gixxers 6mm. The bike is on the way I don't have it yet just want everything ready before it gets here so if I'm not happy with the rear ride height I can raise the rear and not wait 3 weeks for any thing I purchase to get here to Costa Rica"
    Thanks in advance,
    Chuck

2. erick1670

erick1670 Chapin

IMO Honda tents to be at bit higher at the back, so give the most adjustibillity that you can then if you need to lower the forks a few mm... Thats what I did, also depends in what type tires you may use, some are taller than others

3. erick1670

erick1670 Chapin

By the way how many tracks are in Costa Rica or where elso do you go to ride?.... The reason I ask is b/c my wife is from there and likes me to go there to retire but I need my track fix.... Thanks for any info :up:

4. C.R.Gixxer

NO KIDDING.....!!!!
    There's only one called the Guacima.... very short just to give you an example are 600's run 14, 49 and 15,49 gearing just touching 6th gear on the straights, but we run it 3 ways regular and then invert it 1 way.
    Its super cheap to practice, we practice on Thursdays for about 40$ and from 9am to about 2pm. And we get the practice for free the week of a race if theirs cars its 45mins on then 45mins off..... One thing is for sure you can practice your ass off here, you should come down 100%, we have some pretty good guys at the top of the pack.
    Although are championship is pretty strict no susp. mods nor fuel mang. its to keep the cost down for the riders.
    here's a pic of the course.

Attached Files:

5. C.R.Gixxer

Little more pics to motivate you to come down,
    What part of C.R. is your wife from?
    Its pretty small here, just to give you an idea I'm at the track in about 25mins from my house.

Attached Files:

6. erick1670

erick1670 Chapin

my wife is from canas in the coast not sure if north or south, and she says that takes about 3 hours to San Jose.

I am planing to go this year with her and check her country out....that`s a little track a nice layout tho.... how long is it in terms of miles? that`s the only track you ride or do you go to other coutries to ride?

how many races do you run a season?
    do they have any just track days?
    whit who did you ride here, I see that you are from NY.... sorry for all the questions.... :beer:

7. C.R.Gixxer

Its about 1.9 miles on the long course. Our championship is rather new we have 4yrs now it used to be big in the 90's. We have riders come from Panama and Guatemala. We are invited to go there, as well as the Dominican Republic.
    This yrs schedule looks like this,
    1)March 6th
    2)May 1st
    3)June 5th
    4)July 3rd
    5) Date not set August or October
    6)September 4th
    7)November 20th
    8)December 11th

I rode motocross back home, oh yeah thats HUGE here, bought a GSXR here joined a club and the next thing I knew I was doing trackdays for 40 bucks, then jumped into the Novice class, I took 2nd over all last yr in the Open Novice class with a 750. I'm in the expert 600 this yr.
    Once the season starts we do at least 3 trackdays a month, we get tons of seat time.
    Anyone can practice unless its an official practice day which is the week before the race.
    I luv it here, have 5yrs now and I'm here to stay, theres tons of Americans here and it's very Americanized here, although I do miss good old pizza and wings now and then, just not the same here.
    My Mom comes down for X-Mas and loves it too.
    CaƱas is far...... If you'll be living there I don't think you'll be doing 3 to 4 trackdays a month Hahaha....
    Let me know when your coming down I'll get you some Pit passes to come see us.
    Sorry for the Novel I wrote.... Hahaha....

8. captmarc

captmarc #89 07 CBR 600rr

Check out Jamie Daugherty at http://www.daughertymotorsports.com/

I sent my 07 shock to him to get the ride height adjusted a few mm, price was very reasonable. He is very good about sharing info too if you want to try to do it yourself. Something about a spacer I believe, but I am a mechanical midget...

9. repsol600

repsol600 Well-Known Member

Where in respect to dominical is that? Or ojochal time wisde? Reason I ask is tbhatb I'm coming doen for vacation on the 23rd and staying in dominacal and my father is building a house by ojochal. Thanks for the info

10. C.R.Gixxer

Hey Repsol, Dominical and Ojochal are down south on the coast nice beaches, but far from the city, like 3.5 hours away. Your coming down Feb. 23rd? how long you staying? there's some really nice places to visit here. Hope you enjoy yourself.

11. repsol600

repsol600 Well-Known Member

cool, well maybe if i like it ill trade my round trip ticket into a one way lol but ya were coming down the 23rd going back the 2nd i believe. im pumped to go down for the first time for sure