1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radial caliper bracket

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Bbp, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Bbp

Bbp Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where to buy a bracket to convert 4tw tz250 to radial calipers? I know I have seen pictures online somewhere of a bike with this conversion, can not seem to find it, but I swear it had the regular 4tw fork feet, with a bracket mounting to stock caliper location, allowing a brembo radial caliper to mount. Not sure if it is even worth doing? But is something I am interested in looking into.

Also anyone here use a thumb brake on their tz250? Is the GP tech unit any good? This is something I for sure want to try next season.

Thanks

2. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

If you find the picture you saw, please post it here. I would not think that you could go from one type of mount to another, but I have been wrong many times.

3. Bbp

Bbp Well-Known Member

I looked All day yesterday. But I do know they make one for the Hayabusa first gen, to allow it to use the brembo radials. I just don't, but that bracket is for a 90mm bolt span, the tz needs 83mm

4. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

5. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

I stand corrected.......where there's a mill, there's a way !!!

pscook likes this.
  6. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Doesn't this kind of defeat the purpose of radial mount brakes by introducing the flex of the added bracket into the picture? I thought that the purpose built fork lower combined with the radial caliper is what reduced caliper flex when compared to the "ear-mount" type of caliper.