1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RACING QUESTION!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by blubyu1000, Mar 17, 2000.

1. blubyu1000

blubyu1000 Well-Known Member

Ok, since Sean hadn't answered my email yet...here goes: I've been told that you can't race anything bigger than a 750 your 1st year, but since the TL1000R runs with the 750's, can i still race it my first year? And please don't say don't race the TLR starting out cause I'll wreck because thats what i wanna race so thats what i'm gonna race and i don't care if i lay it down, flip it over, or wad it up every race....if they'll let me race it my 1st year, thats what i'm gonna race. No hard feelings [​IMG]

2. WERA 16

WERA 16 Guest

You should have no problem runing the TLR since it qualifies to run in the B superbike class. It qualifies up there with the GSXR 750, however I don't think it has as many parts available for the motor. I believe though that being a novice, you are dissallowed from running anything above that cc level i.e R1, CBR 900RR.

As for you second remark, there may only be a handful that will tell you not to start out on such a big bike. I for one will not simply because I began on a 750 as well and it did me no harm. However (and I mean this with no disregard) don't feel bad when you get smoked by a guy on a 600 or even a 400 because it will happen. The only reason people recommend getting a small bike is so you learn how to ride well, and then go faster by buying a bigger cc bike, not vice versa.

See ya at the track

3. WERA

WERA Administrator

Okay - I did answer your email, you really need to check your email program and see what's wrong because everything is working fine on my end. This is the second or third time I've sent you replies you haven't received. Try looking over your reply to address...

Anyway, yes the TL is fine. You may not care if you wad it every race but we will so please don't [​IMG]

4. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

no hard feelings taking, I think its cool
    its a sweet bike just keep it as close to stock as possible, so you can spend more time on the track than tuning it. I didn't mean any thing by saying you were going to wad the bike up. sorry you took it the wrong way. maybe I'll see you on the track this year
    if you have any more questions just ask.