1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racing 2 Save Lives Charity Event- Miller Motorsports Park

Discussion in 'General' started by 1oftheboys, Jun 3, 2009.

1. 1oftheboys

1oftheboys Member

Hey all, I'm the Vice President for this great organization and wanted to let everyone know about this years track day event.

RACING 2 SAVE LIVES SET FOR FOURTH OF JULY WEEKEND, ADDS ENDURANCE RACE

For the fourth consecutive year, Racing 2 Save Lives will host its charity track-day event at the world-renowned Miller Motorsports Park, on July 3 through 5, 2009 in Tooele, Utah. The weekend will also include the first-ever R2SL Four-Hour Endurance Race on July 4.

In 2006, R2SL was the first public event ever held at Miller Motorsports Park, raising some $65,000 for the Larry H. Miller Charities, Make-A-Wish Foundation, and other charities that are dedicated to improving children's lives. In the intervening years, MMP has become one of the world's most respected racing facilities, and earned the 2008 World Superbike Organizer Award, signifying its success in putting on one of the best-organized and most successful events in the World Superbike Championship.

"Racing 2 Save Lives continues its commitment to helping children's charities through unique track-day events," said R2SL President Ralph Forsythe. "We're thrilled to be invited back to Miller, and to give our participants an opportunity to ride on the same circuit where the stars of AMA and World Superbike compete, while raising money for several deserving organizations."

Far more than a typical track day, R2SL offers expert-level instruction on the finer points of track riding, free of charge to all participants; the use of both of MMP's challenging tracks; a silent auction where participants may bid on an impressive array of motorcycle gear and memorabilia; and access to some of the finest trackside amenities anywhere.

Adding to the excitement this year will be a four-hour endurance race on July 4. R2SL expects to provide more details by june 1 on its website at www.racing2savelives.org, along with online registration for both the race and track-day riding sessions.

Racing 2 Save Lives is a 501(c)3 charity that operates unique track-day events for motorcyclists, with proceeds donated to deserving children's charities in the communities where R2SL takes place. Since its founding in 2004, R2SL has donated $246,000 to charity.

We'll also have a great silent auction at the event to raise even more money for charity, where you can score some good deals and nice stuff!

You can sign up online at our website: http://www.racing2savelives.org

See you at the track!

2. The Llama

The Llama Well-Known Member

Awesome event with more track time than you possibly know what to do with! If you've never been to Miller, this is a rad opportunity to ride it.....a bunch.
    :up:

Unfortunately, the OTT crew won't be able to make it. We were going to go cover R2SL and get our fix in.

This is going to sound soooo stupid, but we have to go to Laguna instead. :crackhead:

I know, I know...poor guys. Honestly, we'd love to take some time off and hang with a great charity and ride some too. We're committed to following the AMA and since they're bringing all the animals to the circus, we must go.

Seriously, if you can get to Miller at this time, GO!!!!!!
    And if you can't, I guess we'll see you at Laguna.

Really, those are your only two choices on 4th of July weekend. If you want to spend time with your families over the holiday weekend, they're going to have to come with you. :rock:

3. stephenwclark

stephenwclark Well-Known Member

R2SL is an awesome event. I have attended both years and will be there for sure this year.

4. eklew

eklew Active Member

Awesome, I will be there as well, hope more can make it out!

5. 1oftheboys

1oftheboys Member

If you plan on racing in the R2SL Endurance Race, please make sure you sign up your team! Create your team, then send the special team signup link and the password you make to other people who want to be on it (after they've signed up as R2SL participants)! Visit http://www.racing2savelives.org/ride.php for more details and to get started!