1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racers/Trackday Riders Beware: John Cook/ Trackday Winner

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Aug 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Yep and sadly this is true. One of the many things wrong with our legal system....

2. In 5 minutes I found multiple instances of name calling against Sean by Mr. Cook on this forum. Apparently it’s ok to call someone an asshole, dick or other nomenclatures to voice and perpetuate your own agenda but the moment anyone does it to you, it’s time for a law suit.

:flag:

obcbr and mastermind like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I would countersue but the problem is there is no one with half a brain who would believe I abuse Evelyne so I can't prove he hurt me by saying that. Granted it would go further than his bullshit will. And everyone be careful, he isn't done yet, keeps repeating there is more to come!

4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Your posts are still up.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hopefully you will provide proof of this behavior that you observed and that you posted about on this public forum to harm Sean's reputation, knowing full well that you could not remove it past the editing time window. Your lawyer should have fun defending that hypocrisy in court.

6. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

always, always, always file counter claim.

Gcooper9 likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, I've got enough just on here even without the facebook posts that disappear to be able to prove libel. Once we hit the lawyer point I most likely will although I hate suing people.

8. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Of what?

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

cautionary model of what happens when you eat too much brie! :D

panthercity likes this.
  10. hurricanejohn

hurricanejohn Professional Amateur

You will have your opportunity to take whatever action you want Sean. We will make everything public once we file and I am more than willing to let all chips fall where they may. I stand to lose nothing - absolutely nothing. Can you say the same? And yes, we are preparing an action against RB as I type this since he just posted up more trash on TDJ's forum. You have been requested to take down that post. You still have time.

11. hurricanejohn

Just more lies from ignorant people.....

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh I absolutely can say the same. Everything I've said is right here in the public eye.

You have stated flat out that you will be suing us no matter what. Not to mention why would I take down a post that isn't remotely against the law for me to leave up?

You really should ask your lawyer to explain the law to you :crackup:

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He stated that they do not show on his end - which they do not once you ban people from your little love fest group. So not a lie. You might want to try a dictionary and work on reading comprehension.

14. hurricanejohn

You don't have to supply proof of an opinion. Everyone is entitled to an opinion - an opinion is simply ones view of a thing, a process, or an event. However, you have to have proof when you make a statement of fact. That is what Trevor made here on the forum - a statement of fact. In the absence of proof of that statement it constitutes libel under the law. What he posted never happened - I have repeatedly asked him to post up some proof which he has not done. I mean, let's be honest - if it happened there would be proof. If something like that was posted and people saw it there would be emails, private messages, texts, screenshots, right? It never happened and yet he stated it as a fact. When you do that you open yourself up for legal action, just as when others perpetuate that same statement as fact when they have been told it is not true and no proof to the contrary has been provided. That's the difference. He did not state an opinion - he stated what he did as fact that proof could support.

15. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Man...maybe I'm just getting old, but I raced with WERA since the Franks owned it, for many years, and don't EVER remember this kind of drama going on. Is this just a situation where it was there, but we didn't have social media to make it public knowledge? I don't think so. Of course there were idiots at every track, every year. The group had a tendency to sort those things out pretty quickly, and people weren't such a bunch of cry babies (with the exception of a certain Solmax rider). And? WERA has the right to do business with whomever they want. Bunch of entitlement going on these days.

16. hurricanejohn

Here is my email to Evelyne yesterday.. Please show me where I stated I was "going through with the lawsuit no matter what". I asked for resolution and a sit down with her. My intention of sending that was to put this matter to rest. Per the letter today it appears that Evelyne decided to go in a different direction.....

Tue 7/31/2018 1:04 PM

Evelyne,

It is not my intent to make you nervous or to cause you any stress whatsoever. Some of the things that have been said on the WERA board are unacceptable and as such I have to do what I need to in order to get relief and to clear up some things that have been posted there.

If you want to sit down and talk I am more than willing to do so but there has to be resolution as well. If we cannot come to some agreement on moving forward I will continue down the path I have to take.

The issue is not necessarily a WERA one, rather it is some of the hate speech that is allowed to be put up on your forum without any sort of verification is what brings us here. What Trevor Sadler posted is totally untrue and was posted there for one reason and one reason alone - to personally hurt me and my businesses. It cannot be substantiated because it never happened - they know it and so do I. We have asked that it be taken down from your site but it is still there. We are well aware of Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act that was passed in 1996 (22 years ago). However a lot has changed since then and providing or promulgating hate speech or any speech meant to directly hurt an individual is not allowed and can be addressed through litigation. I am in the process of filing a lawsuit against Trevor Sadler by the end of this week and am preparing to do the same against several others who have posted similar things on the WERA forum. It will be ugly and it will be expensive for everyone but I am prepared to do everything within my power to stop this hate now.

Again, if you want to sit down and talk I am more than willing. If not I will keep to the course I have to take.

Respectfully,

John H. Cook

Track Day Winner, LLC
    TDW Racing Dunlop Representative

770-877-0326 CELL
    678-800-7066 OFFICE
    www.trackdaywinner.com

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You made a statement of seeing abuse - that is not opinion once you state it here as you did today. You stated on here as fact that Evelyne does things because she is afraid of me - again a statement.

These things meet the legal definition for defamation of character. You said them on here in public in front of our customers. They absolutely can cause harm if people believe them causing them to not race with WERA. Accusing someone of domestic abuse is something that is absolutely damaging to a persons reputation. There is plenty of precedent of people winning defamation lawsuits when others have accused them of domestic abuse.

There are also plenty of precedents set for forums not removing posts and not being held liable based on the extremely clear Telecommunications Act.

You have opened yourself up for legal action. Action I was not going to take so long as you stopped saying I abuse Evelyne. Yet here we are with you making an allegation of abuse again today. You should realize that we were in a public place and there was a 4th person at the table who will absolutely testify I in no way abused anyone.

So as much as I hate to do so, your insistence on attacking my wife and her business with a baseless lawsuit you will put me in the position of having to fight back by filing against you for things you have actually done.

Again, I am saddened and sickened at your actions. This is a small community and you are sullying it with your actions.

18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I would assume that since 600dblr said the posts are still up that he was looking at them, and you still call him a liar. :crackup: :rolleyes:

rcarson15 likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There has been other drama but usually doesn't get this stupid :(

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You are reporting an alleged altercation of some sort that caused you to form that opinion of him, are you not? You don't have to prove the validity of your opinion, but you certainly will need to prove that the incident occurred. See how that works both ways? And haven't you previously stated right here on this forum that his wife is afraid of him for reasons that remind you of your mother's own history? Is that a fact, or also just your opinion? Do you think that will make a difference in court, as it relates to the harm you have caused his reputation in his place of business? You're catching my drift, right?