1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race tech suspension advice 08+ yamaha r6

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Throttle_jockey712, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Throttle_jockey712

Throttle_jockey712 Active Member

Hello all you knowledgeable people.

I hope everyone is keeping safe during these times.

So i'm installing new gold valves on my R6, and i started with the compression valve, and that was a breeze with the DVS system.

Now the Rebound has been a pia.

so for mid valve and rebound this is what i cam back on the DVS system.

FRGV SR2001
    One Stage
    Mid Valve
    (1).10x17
    .10x15
    .10x13
    .10x11
    .30x9

FRGV SR2001
    One Stage
    Rebound

(8).15x17
    .10x15
    .10x13
    .15x11
    .30x9

So when i start to measure the shims, i notice that i don't have .30x9 for the mid valve

I also don't have
    .30x9
    .15x11
    .10x13
    for the rebound

So i look up on the data sheet and see that there is another mid valve setup called MV34
    10x17
    10x14
    10x12
    10x10
    (2).15x8

Now these shims i do have. and should equal the same thickness as the DVS, just different diameters of actual shim.

The rebound valve has many settings from rH14 to rH23 found on the bottom of the page found here.

https://www.racetech.com/download/InstructPDF/IP FRGV SR2001.pdf

So i emailed race tech, and Mike Crow got back to me very quick, saying that the rH shim stacks are out dated, and i need to use the shim stacks in the DVS. He is going to send me the shims i need, but being in california, and me being in Canada, i suspect it will take some time to get to me. I asked him if i can use any of the rH settings or mid valve stack, and he said no

What i'm essentially asking is, can i use a rH setting like rH18 (same about of .15x17 shims) or should i just wait 3 weeks for these shims to come (if they come because of this)

Thoughts, words of advice/wisdom from the suspension gurus that grace these forums?

2008 yamaha r6, race bike only.
    armature rider
    decent pace
    190lbs

2. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Why would they be listed if you can't use them? :)
    You don't even have to use any, you can make your own. If you know what you doing.
    For .30x9 if you have different thickness you can use those instead, like (2) .15x9 . Those 9mm shims don't bend like rest of them.
    Mid valve you can use that mv34 if you want.

Throttle_jockey712 likes this.
  3. Throttle_jockey712

That is what i was thinking regarding the mid valve at the 2 .15x9. or just using the mv34 stack in the sheet.

Now, for the rebound valve, I dont know what im doing when setting up shim stacks. A bit over my head, but i have been trying to understand it over the last 24 hours. lol

TFF2 there seems to be some knowledge behind that keyboard when it comes to suspension builds

thoughts on any of the rH settings on the data sheet?

4. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

If you have rH19 that is closest to your spec.

Throttle_jockey712 likes this.
  5. Throttle_jockey712

That's what i thought based on difference of shim stacks.

That is also what i was trying to convey to race tech.

Thanks for you help!