1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race Suit

Discussion in 'General' started by 703motogp, Dec 6, 2007.

1. 703motogp

703motogp Well-Known Member

Hey everybody! I plan on getting my 1st race suit from Alpinestars and Iw as wondering if it can be tailored becuase I am 5'6 and I tried on a suit before and the inseam was too long! Is it possible to tailor it to a person's needs? Can it be altered? Thanks!

--"ACE"--

2. gix

gix jigga who?

send a pm to spyderchick or barnaclebill on here. and here are their sites:

http://www.racingleather.com/

http://www.spyderleatherworks.com/

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

You'd be better of finding a suit from another manufacturer that fits, or better yet, have a suit made for you. Good Luck!!

4. 703motogp

703motogp Well-Known Member

Yeah, I guess Jason Disalvo has to do the same thing!!! He is only 5'3!!!

I also checked out VANSON leathers and they can make a custom race suit! I wonder who makes Jason Disalvo's race suit?

--"ACE"--

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  5. Super Dave

Super Dave Exhausted and Abused

Who cares what he wears. Vanson rocks.

6. racerfranz

racerfranz All done

Had the same problem, not so bad 15 years ago when I smoked cigarettes and ate ramen noodles to go racing, fit in off the rack 38 Fieldsheers!! I'm 5'7, 168 now, so I just got my second Z Custom leathers suit, and it fits like a glove. My last pair of off the rack leathers were Texports, and they were pretty nice and very affordable, but I had to get the cuffs, and the ankles altered and they really never fit that great. Amazing what real comfort from your suit can do for your riding. Make sure you are wairing everything you will wear when riding when you get measured, back protector, whatever, maybe even wear two shirts, and your jeans too, because we all invariably get fatter!? :p p.s, if you really want Alpinestars, and you got loads of money, call them up, and go get measured, and get a custom fit suit from them. I'm sure D'Salvo's suit was not off the rack!:Poke: