1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race suit foam hump.

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by meowculpa, May 8, 2019.

1. meowculpa

meowculpa Well-Known Member

Per the title - If anyone has an extra race foam hump that they don't need, and would be willing to part with - would you please let me have it? (Need it for a resurrected jacket)
    PM me the price / shipping charges to 26104 etc. (paypal)
    Thanks in advance.

2. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I suggest you go to your local supply store that sells foam for replacing seat cushions and buy a block of foam for a few bucks. Then cut and shape with a bread knife. The chances of getting one the right shape from someone are slim or none and I think slim just saddled up and left town.

meowculpa and TurboBlew like this.
  3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

or try a suit builder like syed

4. beathiswon

beathiswon Well-Known Member

Eddie Span and meowculpa like this.
  5. meowculpa

Good advice. I'll try that. Thanks (I agree, finding one was a long shot in the first place)

6. meowculpa

Interesting read!
    Never did think of it as protection. My street riding jackets don't have them/ I do wear CE certified back protectors. However, the new jacket was salvaged from a crashed suit, and so it has the compartment for the air hump. I'd rather it not flop while I'm riding. Probably look for something softer / lower profile. In any case, I appreciate the input.