1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race School

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by dave3593, Jan 21, 2017.

1. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I am not new to track days but new to racing. I do not have a race license from any organization. I see there is some talk in older threads about WERA race school that looks like a good value. Does the WERA web site have information about getting a race license without going through the more costly schools. I was hoping WERA ran their own school on the day before the scheduled race week end. That might allow me to get the license and race in a vintage class that week end.

Does WERA run their own school and where can I find the cost, schedule etc? Thanks.

2. ceebus

ceebus Well-Known Member

Yes wera runs a school. If you look at the yearly schedule on wera.com, they do the school on all dates listed with an "rs", which is almost but not quite every event.

School is run on Saturday most of the time. If you dont crash out of practice or do anything totally stupid, you can race that afternoon. Not sure how this would fit into your particular schedule with vintage but someone else can probably answer that.

School is $80 and (first) yearly license is $75.

FYI this school is basic. It teaches you flags, how to grid, and lets people make sure you're not going to be dangerous out there. It is not intended to teach you how to be fast. It's an expensive way to get licensed and start racing.

John Hancock likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Inexpensive? :D

jrsamples likes this.
  4. ceebus

ceebus Well-Known Member

Lol yeah, I meant inexpensive compared to other race schools. Oops.

5. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Thanks guys