1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race #s and other ?s

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by wa2fst, Jan 3, 2011.

1. wa2fst

wa2fst Well-Known Member

Where can you buy race plates? I bought a bike off here and stripped it down to repaint. But the Yellow plates on the bike looked like they were made for the bike specific. Where can you buy these?

Also since I dont plan on racing only track days. Do I have to have the specified colors on the background for my riding group? I should be in the intermediate but If I am put in the Novice first and have to work up that is fine with me just wasnt sure how that worked on Track days.

Also my # Can it be what I want it to be? I have done track days before years ago and just ran my bike no #s. Then I was racing in the great state of Alaska where its more or less a free for all with some serious believe it or not talent but no real rules on bike set up.

2. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

Numbers at Track Days are organization specific. Where are you located, and do you know which track day organization you'll be running with?

SportBikeTrackTime does not require numbers.

-Tom

3. wa2fst

wa2fst Well-Known Member

Well I am in Michigan now and last I looked Nesba didnt have anything going on up here. I looked at STT and at the time they didnt have their dates listed. So I guess no one. Was looking at doing Mid Ohio once but I am understanding you just sign up through them.

So other than that the tracks would be Grattan and Gingerman. Any info on an org to sign up through would be great to.

I just moved up here in Oct so basically everything is new.

4. wisconsinRR

wisconsinRR Active Member

STT has the dates posted for both those tracks now

5. wa2fst

wa2fst Well-Known Member

cool thanks! Do I need to be a member with them? as in some kind of dues or fees?

6. ton

ton Arf!

yes.

http://www.sportbiketracktime.biz/

should give you most of the basic answers.

where are you in MI? the local contingent is a good group of friends and enthusiasts.

7. wa2fst

wa2fst Well-Known Member

Im over in New Baltimore next to Lake St Claire. Hope to be doing 4-5 dates between the 2 tracks and Mid Ohio once. Wont be able to do all the Grattan Gingerman dates like I would like to do. The wife convinced me to buy a boat so its a pretty good balance I will have this summer.

8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Kind of on the OP's subject, where do you get the yellow sticker material to create your own plate. This is the bike I bought recently, but since I'm a novice I need to change from white to yellow. Thanks

[​IMG]

9. wa2fst

wa2fst Well-Known Member

Nice set up! I have a MV Agusta 312R that spends time in the House for the winter LOL.

Anyways this was the original reason of the post. where to get the white or yellow background decal

10. ton

ton Arf!

i've gotten mine from DennisKirk.com (but that's just sticky vinyl, not preformed plates.)

if you're running trackdays with STT and not racing, numberplates are not required

11. jackel151

jackel151 Well-Known Member

I would look up your local sign shop and buy some yellow viynal from them. Trim it slightly bigger then whats there now. That way you can be off a little and it still covers

Then when you make expert you can just peel it off.

12. As previously mentioned, no need for plates or racing numbers if you aren't racing.

NESBA requires numbers, but you don't need a specific plate behind them.

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I just used yellow paint from Lowes...:up:

Then apply vinyl numbers over the plates that most bike shops carry :up:

14. rd400racer

Thanks for the info guys. I'll be running with WERA too so I need the yellow plates.

I like the idea of going to the sign shop. It will look good that way.

15. fzr400tony

fzr400tony can't ride

Kruzel from Drippinwet can print you number plates that are specific to your bike. He's a forum member (other classified section) and doesn't charge a setup fee like a sign shop would. Just make sure what your number will be before you order.

Most track day orgs don't care, so you can make some interesting numbers.

16. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

17. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Still thinking about stealing that paint scheme.

Damn it looks good. :up:

18. wa2fst

wa2fst Well-Known Member

Hey cKruzel I sent you a txt way early this AM.

19. rd400racer

I appreciate that Dits. Just give me one season and I promise next year I'll go with the Rainey paint job. There always is the chance that I'll lay it down this year and have to repaint anyway:D

20. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Fine.

If this season is like last season, I'll be repainting soon anyway. :D