1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race classes???

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Mbpooma, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Mbpooma

Mbpooma Racer #880 TT MOTOSPORT

Mongo,
    My name is Michael. I have left messages at WERA phone line but no reply however, I was told you can point me in the right direction. Can I do my race classes with Legacy Trackdays in Florida through January. So I can start beginning of season novice mid central WERA season in feb?

Thank you ahead of time for any help you can offer!

Michael

2. ceebus

ceebus Well-Known Member

I can't speak to the Legacy thing, but there is a wera race school at that February tally race. Just sign up for race school, don't crash out of the mock race (right after lunch Saturday), and grid up for your races in the afternoon.

Welcome!

Phl218 likes this.
  3. Mbpooma

Thank you for the reply!
    That sounds like a plan.
    I try to get signed up,.
    I would liked to have that out of the way if possible. Rather than possibly being worn out a bit first race of the season was my concern. Focus ect..
    Thank you again....

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

Don't worry and don't take it too serious in the beginning. Watch and learn. Welcome to the madness.

If you end up at tally shoot me a pm the week before. Camp next to me . I will give you pointers.

Everyone will help you.

Except Broome. He will be busy flipping visors and gridding up back-to-back ;)

Bruce and Mbpooma like this.
  5. Mbpooma

I'll let you know..

Thanks again...

6. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

+1 to doing the WERA school. Your first 2 weekends you will be a provisional novice and get your transponder for free. As long as you don't crash after 2 weekends you will be a novice. The WERA school is $80 for new racers who have never had a race license and you get a snazzy t-shirt to wear over your leathers so everyone knows your a PN. If you have never raced another organization, your race license is $75, and it will be $125 when it comes time to renew every year there after. If you know a WERA racer, when you sign up put that racer down so they can get a credit (not sure if WERa is still doing this)

JBall and Mbpooma like this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We're on the road for NOLA this weekend so no return call yet, Emily did call Evelyne last night to ask her about the Legacy thing. Pretty sure we do accept their school but we have to get back to the office to double check so we night not have an answer for you until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Mbpooma likes this.