1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R6 Installing flywheel - sheave holder

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Schwiz, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Schwiz

Schwiz Well-Known Member

I'm working on my rebuild and I'm at the point where I need to torque down the flywheel bolt. To do so I need to use a sheave holder to grip the flywheel in order to torque the bolt. Well, the one that I bought is not big enough to fit the R6 flywheel. I tried shaving down the base of the holder a bit, but it doesn't fit the flywheel well enough to hold it in place (it spins when I try and tighten the bolt).

I bought this one. Link.

I've tried searching Amazon, Google, eBay, and most parts sites and what I've found is that this is the only holder on the cheaper end of things that seems to be available. I may be missing the correct keyword search for these things, but the only other holders I found were anywhere from $180-$220 from places like Partzilla.

Do you guys know of one that will work, but not completely break the bank? Or maybe you know another way how to torque down the flywheel bolt?

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Tools are not cheap. Buy the proper one.