1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R6 Generations

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Kurlon, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

That looks well setup.

Night_King likes this.
  2. Night_King

Night_King Well-Known Member

I agree. Clean looking bike

3. JBarx

JBarx Status: None.

Good question... it was 6-7 years ago. 16k, maybe? I haven't ridden it much since I started racing a couple years ago. I keep up the maintenance, just don't get it out much.

Also concur.... the bike looks pretty good in pictures, at least.

Night_King likes this.
  4. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

looks pretty sweet honestly. rims hardly have marks from tire changes, frame looks clean. tank looks clean. THermosman forks (at least that a TMS sticker so i'm sure he did them). one clean lookin 05.

Night_King likes this.
  5. Night_King

It’s the cleanest one I’ve seen yet got the price. From the pics anyway... He works for Yamaha so that does help ease my mind a little with the high mileage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Night_King

Good to know. I’ve always been scared of high mileages bikes but good to know someone has bought one similar in range and doesn’t regret it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBarx likes this.
  7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Are 1st gen wheels direct swap on the 2nd gen.......2004?

8. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

9. britx303

Bump:D……….quick parts interchangeability question. 99 r6 shock on a ‘04 r6s……is it direct swap? Or best not be a dumb@ss, and leave them alone as 2 separate animals altogether ? My 99 I’m just going to part out since snagging a ‘04, but the 99 came with a nice Penske and traxxion dynamics forks. Just a morning coffee thought;)

10. Gigantor24

Gigantor24 Member

Not sure how i missed this thread but lots of great info here!

britx303 likes this.
  11. britx303

Yeah it’s funny I never got that 04 I asked about back in 2019, but coincidentally picked one up yesterday and then remembered the thread :D

Gigantor24 likes this.
  12. britx303

Guess I’m committed to trying FI now………:crackup:

TurboBlew likes this.
  13. Gigantor24

Gigantor24 Member

Throw up some pics man!! Im currently on the same search. Long time Honda guy looking at R6's and ZX6R's for track duty.

That black one you posted up looked great!!

14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

you will love it. A fella on here was selling a 2003 a few years ago. After chatting turns out he was just a few miles from my buddy.
    I send him over to retrieve the bike. My buddy tries to fire it up and the seller was adamant the gas was a few years old and it needed to be changed.
    My hackles went up... but no biggie. I showed up a couple months later to retrieve the bike & turn the key and fired it up right up. At this point the bike had been sitting 3 years...lol
    The tank was immaculate. Rode it up & down the block a few times and loaded it for the trip back to FL. I went thru the bike & suspension over the following months... its still runs great with 5500 miles on it.

britx303 likes this.
  15. britx303

I hope so. I admit I’m a combination of excitement, anxious, nervous. Took a break from racing the past 3 years now besides a few hare scrambles, and feel like I might be jumping ahead of myself. But I also admit I know it’s one of those things…..once the visor flips down, it’ll settle down and be good to be out there again…….just on a new to me bike, that’s going to be faster than any FZR I’ve ever had. It’s the unknowns leading up to that moment getting back on track :beer:

TurboBlew likes this.