1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R6 FT ECU Autoblipper - Who uses it?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by AC792, Oct 5, 2019.

1. AC792

AC792 Well-Known Member

Anyone in here use the FT ECU autoblipper? Curious how it compares to Translogic, as that seems to be the most popular right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

pretty sure ya need the 2017+ , new model bike, to have the FT auto blip work. Trans logic is popular on the earlier gen r6.
    According to Scott Jensen, FT sautoblip is what PJ jacobsen is using on his bike.

AC792 likes this.
  3. rjbrittain11

rjbrittain11 Active Member

My teammate has the 17+ R6 and is using the flashtune autoblip i believe. Seems to not have any issues.

I have the 08-16 Translogic on my bikes and since i’ve had this on the bike, its never given me any issues and is pretty much the coolest thing ever. Clutchless downshifts with autoblip FTW.

4. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

I have it on my 2017. It's really nice and works well. However it's very sensitive, so I had to get used to not resting my foot on the lever. Would buy it again

Wheeliest likes this.
  5. MELK-MAN

i can't quite bring myself to not use the clutch lever for downshifts... i just feel like i'm gonna tear somethin up . LOL :) FOR SURE love the auto blip for not having to manually rev match though, full concentration on the brake lever pressure.

6. AC792

AC792 Well-Known Member

Thanks all! Only reason I ask is I just bought a 19 with FTecu Autoblip but it seems everyone uses the translogic. Can’t wait to try it out

7. Redlining52

Redlining52 Well-Known Member

I’ve used both on a the same bike 17 R6 and much prefer the FT over the Translogic

8. AC792

AC792 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the insight. Any specific reasons why?

9. Redlining52

Redlining52 Well-Known Member

The FT is a lot smoother and doesn’t require anywhere near as much force on the shifter to trigger the switch to blip. And you don’t have to worry about finding a place for 2 little ECUs and running an extra 8 wires throughout the bike

AC792 likes this.
  10. AC792

AC792 Well-Known Member

Good to know! Thanks!

11. MELK-MAN

yup. would love to run it this way if it was available for the 08-16.. but the FTecu autoblip is only available for the 17+

Pitmom42 and AC792 like this.
  12. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

You can lessen the force required on the Translogic by shortening the delay time.

Woolich has autoblip for the older bikes but only with the stock ECU. They haven't written the blip code into the YEC ecu yet. They use a load cell rather than a switch so you can easily adjust the pressure required to activate a shift.

AC792 likes this.
  13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

The Translogic autoblip on my 17 R6 was butter smooth. Didn't even think about it, even going down/back to 1st gear.

Didn't touch a thing with the settings.

AC792 likes this.
  14. AC792

AC792 Well-Known Member

Thanks all! I appreciate the feedback