1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R6 dies when warm

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Brutal, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Brutal

Brutal Well-Known Member

My R6 seems to run fine when on track but when I get back in the pits it basically grunts and then dies.

I've replaced both TPS but still the same.

Just a thought both tps and APS are the same unit right so I can swap them?

Anyways, any ideas why the bike will not idle?

2. Brutal

Brutal Well-Known Member

Okay, looks like it's a fueling issue.

If I put the bike into pitlane limit mode it runs fine.

Think I may have to lean out the pc at low revs, has anyone had to do this before?

3. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I've had 2 R6's as well as a handful of friends that had issues with idling when hot, especially after a hot restart. All had lightweight batteries in them and the issues went away putting a regular "heavy" battery back in them. Not an engineer and don't have a clue why moving away from the lightweight batteries worked, but it did. Granted, with the million different ways you can modify the R6 platform, it's anyone's guess especially when given zero information about your bike. But it's something that is very easy and very fast to test, and if it doesn't fix it, well, no skin off your back.

4. Brutal

Brutal Well-Known Member

Cheers for chipping in mate, I dont think the battery would be the issue due to the fact that as soon as i switch to a different map the bike idles fine, if it was the battery then it wouldn't matter which map it was in?

5. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Maybe, maybe not? But as I was eluding to in my post, you gave zero background information on how your bike is setup so anyone offering their two cents is shooting in the dark. We literally don't even know the year of it.

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

What position is your tps set at?

7. Brutal

Brutal Well-Known Member

Its about 18 bud.

I leaned the pc5 out under 2k revs just a small amount, if that doesn't work then no harm in just putting it into pit lane mode when ever I'm actually in the pit lane :)

noles19 likes this.