1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R6 Air filter rule via CCS Racing

Discussion in 'General' started by lonewrench, Mar 21, 2017.

1. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

Hi Guys,
    After 30 years in the paddock I have to say I'm absolutely astonished with the way the D200 is run and operated. Let me make myself perfectly clear, the rules are the rules and I get it and abide by them when racing anywhere. That being said, let's make this easier on everyone including the Org's running the events. Just open the rule up, it's an air filter for crying out loud, we are really gonna have these issues until kingdom come with all these different specs in different classes. The participants will praise you and the officials will praise you, scrap the rule, just make them run an air filter period, who cares which one.
    Right now if I'm Kevin Elliott I'm hating this for Cory West and his amazing team, I know they didn't want to take anything from anyone but, scrap the rule now and there will be no more issues and everyone will be happier in the end and the CCS will be heroes.
    As far as Cory and his team go, great effort, I would be so extremely angered by this infraction as it really has so little effect on the actual performance of the bike. On the other hand the rule is the rule, if I was the tech inspector I may have fought for the offender of the rule to be honest because it's so unreasonable in my opinion.
    Kudos to the CCS for sticking to their existing rules and not flip flopping but I'm really sorry to see the team lose all the fame and fortune they were stripped of. To be on the podium for the D200 is worth it's weight in gold via the activation you can hand your sponsors.
    And by the way, the cone on that air filter is in place as a DB noise killer, not a guard or a device to keep water out.

2. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not getting any traction on the CCS board, eh? :)

mdr14 likes this.
  4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

CCS has a Beebs?? Who knew? Is it like a basement cable channel?

Do they have a Mongo? Who's their Priest of the Painful Truth??

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They have a board or just that thing on facegores?

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

What the. When did this happen. First I have heard of it. Pitch forks and three foot screw drivers for all.

fixerflyer likes this.
  7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

http://www.ccsforum.com

Been around for several years.

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Pretty much died 5-6 years ago. Limited activity at best, mostly the classifieds but the other sections are pretty dead most of the time.

slowzx6 likes this.
  9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

10. 418

418 Expert #59

Punishment doesn't fit the crime. IMHO.

That is all.

Ra.Ge. Raptor and Gorilla George like this.
  11. RioHondoHank

RioHondoHank Well-Known Member

After reading the rule, the clarification plus the explanations on this forum and Roadracingworld.com I can only say there is an extreme lack of ability to communicate clearly within the CCS. No wonder there is so much confusion about the rules. I would suggest a course in technical writing. Just for starters the rule should have said model and year, not just model. Now after the fact they are defining it as model and year.

Gorilla George likes this.
  12. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

OEM filters for all!

r6boater, Kurlon, 418 and 1 other person like this.
  13. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

The actual things that keep the rain out in the R6 airbox are allowed to be removed, as per the rules.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  14. Agreed 100% (I made that same comment in the other thread)

15. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

"Increasing the opening of the air inlet size is an illegal modification"

this reminds me of the IMSA Nissan GTP cars because of the way they skirted the IMSA rules of that era and dominated because of it.

the air inlet was variable on the fly but a legal fixed size when measured. the word "increasing" would have worked well for IMSA back in the Day but not so much for ASRA/CCS day before yesterday.

16. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

the DQ sucks.. all way round. for the race, for CW, for TSE, for Kevin E who has to enforce such a rule.. and ALL who are interested in motorcycle racing.

But as Gino pointed out in the other thread, the air filter rule was brought up multiple times at riders meetings. The 3 renditions of the filters were on display for any and all to compare their filters with. It was published months in advance this was the rule. It's in print in the rule book, on the ccs site, etc.

yes, cone is for noise, fins on bottom plastic plate just below, are for rain diverson.

throwdown likes this.
  17. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

So if in fact "it has been a torn in the side" of KE for years, it begs the question... "Why not Fix it"..

Like Sean finally did with the Doubble Bubble windscreens..
    :)

18. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

For the same reasons, I'd imagine.

Every racing organization has at least one goofy rule. Some more than others.

A few years ago, I did something with an R6 air filter on my bike that Xavier Zayat was racing in a class we weren't concerned with losing points in that exploited the, IMO, nondescript wording of the rules at the time. In that off season, before Daytona, we got the R6 airbox specific tech bulletin that stated that the exact thing they had DQed us for was legal now.

19. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

I feel so sorry for this poor.... :dead: !!

:D

20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

"Just Being Stubborn PigHeaded, Just Ain't Gonna Do It Cuz I am Having Too Much Fun Making You'all Mad...".. Yeah I could see that. :)

Gorilla George and lonewrench like this.