1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quickshifters!

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Revenant.Eagle, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Revenant.Eagle

Revenant.Eagle What turn was it?

I'm currently browsing around for quickshifters and have found the field pretty split as far as it goes.

I've heard good things about Translogic, HM and Cordona. The quickshifter is for an 07 GSXR-750. What say ye all knowing BBS? :bow:

2. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

I like the DynoJet shift module and sensor myself.

3. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

Huey!! I'm coming to see you this weekend!!
    Back to the question...the best QS I've ever used is the Bazzaz. It shifts like butter. I've used the Dynojet, Cordona, & Translogic.

4. Revenant.Eagle

Revenant.Eagle What turn was it?

I guess I should have also specified that I want a standalone unit as I'm looking at going with a Motty AFR down the line for tuning. I didn't mention the Bazzaz as its an all in one unit, and have heard some issues with the DynoJet failing/working half of the time.

5. Huey130

6. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

What would you recommend for a carbed SV650?

7. Huey130

I can't recommend but: I've wanted to try cutting one of the Dynojet ones onto the coils on an older SV. It has plugs for the smaller coil on plug types. But it comes with adapters for another plug type. I'd like to cut that and make a sub harness for the blade type connectors on the SV.

8. racerfranz

racerfranz All done

Huey, you are sooo smart.:Poke::bow: I'll be bringin' the "new" `03 SV to you soon for the same!

9. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

I want one too, should have got the Bazzaz unit when I got my bazzaz set-up.Too late now, I guess i'll have to go stand alone.

10. goodmatt78

goodmatt78 Well-Known Member

If you just need the switch, get a Cordona which works with the DJ PC and Ignition Module. It is a single unit that can be switched from std to GP shift. It also has adjustable preload which is my favorite feature. It keeps you from cutting the ignition when you accidently brush the shifter with your foot.

If need the entire system...go with Bazazz so you can change the kill time for each gear.

11. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Does the stand alone Dynojet universal jobby not work on those coils?

12. piper907

piper907 Well-Known Member

RapidBike USA makes a really sweet quickshifter switch... I have been using them for the last 2 years and they are NICE...

13. almano

almano The crazy Hungarian

I highly recommend the HMQuickshifter. Great quality product. I have on my '08 GSX-R 750. I love it. You can adjust kill time and sensitivity. Also works both GP or standard shift pattern. you won't need to change the sensor. It also works with all kind of Fi units.

14. Z-man

Z-man Resident Instigator

I have a stand alone Dynojet quickshifter unit for sale if your interested, pm me and I'll send you the details.

Z

15. Buchern

Buchern Well-Known Member

Hm quickshifter is the way to go. Used a Cordona in 2008 but switched to the HM. It cost 3 times more, tough its worth every penny extra.

16. karls

karls Well-Known Member

You could also try Techtronics

17. steadyeddie

steadyeddie Well-Known Member

Hey Focker. I use a translogic. Pricey, but a great product. Shifts really slick and is adjustable for interupt time. Pm me if you want more info.

18. kennoy

kennoy Well-Known Member

I have a Motty AFR tuner on my 06 GSXR1000 with the Bazzaz QS-4 and it (QS-4) works perfect. Like several have already said, individual cut times for each gear. That, used with the Motty, provides absolutely seamless power band and butter smooth shifts.