1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick shifter basics

Discussion in 'Tech' started by OGs750, Nov 8, 2016.

1. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I want to pull the trigger on a quick shifter setup for my 07 GSXR 750, but I want to make sure I have all of my ducks in an order before buying anything.

I currently have a PCV so other than the sensor linkage, will I need the ignition module? I'm thinking yes, but I can't find anything online to confirm that.

Also, how difficult are these things to set up? Anything to watch out for - especially if buying used?

:beer:

2. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

u need the quickshifter expansion module or the ignition module.

3. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

Simple install and DJ`s software is easy to navigate. Only issue I ever had w/ my GSXR750 and the DJ QS/PCV/QEM was always triggering an FI light with ignition signal codes. Didnt impact performance, and went away when shut off, but something DJ was never able to resolve in my case.

4. neckbrace

neckbrace Well-Known Member

My Bazzaz set up does the same thing on my 08 gsxr600. I just ignore it, but it's still a nuisance. Thing works great regardless of engine lights.

Clayton White likes this.
  5. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Some may or may not agree but I like having standalone components for fuel management and shit like quickshifters. Easier to diagnose if an issue arises later on, that's the mechanic in me talking though, of course I'd be the one to have issues with mine and ended up pulling everything off the bike and binning it for something else. I hate problems, especially when im paying to get on the track and have some fun.

TurboBlew likes this.
  6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

QS4 FTW....

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

8. SV650R

SV650R GSXR ASSASSIN

I just got the Quick shifter, and quick shifter module, on my Power Commander V... I got it used for only $180.00 bucks

Install takes a few minutes. Remove the seats and fuel tank. Plug 5 connectors a few zip ties here and there, and you are done with the install. Then the software, turn it on with your computer... Install the tank, side covers, and seats... Go ride and test it.

My only complaint is that if I am looking for 7th gear, it cuts the fuel for a second...