1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick introduction and questions about dry brake system

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Ballou, Apr 2, 2007.

1. moto-heaven

moto-heaven Well-Known Member

no. we haven't put them on the site. give me a call or if you want pictures etc. shoot me an email

2. Ballou

Ballou Member

The team has decided to go for it I have send you a PM.

3. Ballou

Ballou Member

Some might be interested how this ended. We bought the gear and with some delay becasue of problems with paypal, the gear arrived a Thursday afternoon. We picked it up and went straight to our second race of the season, we mounted the gas tank in practice and used it in the race. I had a bit of a hard time adjusting to the size of the gas tank but we were soon doing the same lap times as before with the standard tank. We had some technical issues in the beginning of the race, did three unplanned pitstops the first 45 minutes and the first two hours we were down to last position. But thanks to the dump tank and the new gas tank we made it to 16 place which is our best position ever. We think we have solved the rest of our technical problems and are now looking forward to the remaining races of the season.

Big thanks to hazbin69 and Evan for making us faster and more competetive. The pit crew and drivers loved the equipment and we are very happy with the deal.:bow:

4. vcr12 pit crew

vcr12 pit crew Well-Known Member

All of Evan's stuff has always worked great! That tank was a great asset for us, glad to see it be put to good use!

5. Ballou

Ballou Member

It's in good hands right now, last race yesterday and we were up on 6th place :eek: Held on tight to 8th with half an hour left when the chain broke :mad: Quick change of chain but we were down to 21 place. We're getting closer...

6. 2fast

2fast Member

Sounds like they are all taken care of, I'm looking for a setup for an '06 1000RR. I have a spare tank that can be cut up but I can't seem to find anyone to do it. I'd definitely like the dry break system as well.
    While we're on the topic I've also got an '06 R6 endurance bike in need as well, we could make it work with the dry break only but I do have an aditional tank for it as well.
    If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear em.
    Thanks,
    Cory

7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

contact Britt Lynn (Racedad on here) about modifying your tank.

8. orgsxrracer

orgsxrracer Well-Known Member

Brit will be your guy, does great work!!!

9. joe846

joe846 sleep weiner, sleep

Phil, did you ever get a can to work with the 06/07 600/750's? I shot you another email, but we're definitely in need of something that works consistantly fast and smooth.

Thanks in advance bud!

10. Ballou

Ballou Member

New bike and I need a new gas tank for it, we recently bought this bike a Honda CBR1000RR, it's been running in the Swedish Pro Superbike series this year and is built to fit the German IDM regulation, I think the only original part is the frame the rest is HRC or Ten Kate. We will now modify it and run it in the Nordic Endurance Challenge, the old Suzuki will be run in Rookie Endurance Challenge.
    If anyone knows where to get a endurance gas tank for the Honda please let me know.

Attached Files:

11. moto-heaven

Joe,

Sorry, I must not have subscribed to this thread, and didn't get your earlier message.
    Yes, the clarke cans work great on the stock 600/750 tank/caps. I thin they are the quickest, easiest, cleanest way to go for superstock rules.
    We also have a little messier but quicker home-made setup we use.

12. Carnage R1

Carnage R1 Well-Known Member

Can you send me some pics if you have a chance.

13. moto-heaven

Clarke quick-fill pics

Sure.

14. Carnage R1

Carnage R1 Well-Known Member

still waiting :)

15. moto-heaven

quick fill pics

If you didn't get those pictures attached to a private message, please email me at [email protected] and I will reply to that with the pics.

16. Ballou

Ballou Member

I'm back again, this time looking for a new dump tank. Is Evan still around? I was very happy with the equipment we bought from him the last time. I have now changed team and would like the same equipment for the new team.
    The old team will now move on to Endurance World Championship after finishing fourth in the Nordic Endurance Championship and they are still using Evans dump tank :)

/Patrik