1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions for new racer doing first race ever

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by William Hall, Jan 16, 2020.

1. William Hall

William Hall Member

Hello all. I'm new to WERA and racing. First race day for me is Feb 2nd Autoclub Speedway. If anyone can help me with a few questions it would be much appreciated.

1. For my first revent. What is the prudent number of races I should enter?

2. What is the practice situation. How many practice sessions do we get the day of?

3. Is there generally enough time between events to do things like tire changes etc? As a novice is it recommended that I should start the race with a new set or is it ok to install new set in the morning and use them during practice and the race. All things considered and equal.

4. Is it correct to assume a daily schedule is only available on race day? I have been unsuccessful in finding one on the web page.

Thank you all in advance.
    W.H

SpeedyE likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd go with 2 or 3 classes. You'll get two rounds at Auto Club. Tires depend on the bike more than anything, if you've got a decent set practice on those then new at lunch before the races. The ACS schedule is here - http://www.wera.com/schedule/?x=1098 just click on the top link, new schedules show up there as I add them to the site. Usually anywhere from 2-6 weeks prior to the event and if the schedule is up then pre entry is also open.

3. William Hall

William Hall Member

beautiful sir!

And thank you for the email as well. This thing is proving to be more fun than expected even before I enter the gate.
    Thank you for your diligence.
    W

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Any time, as I said in the email it can be confusing so ask anything you can think of. Overall though it is pretty easy to do so don't stress about it.

5. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

What kind of bike and pace are you at? If you're not on a 1000 and don't have a ton of track experience then you might not even need to swap sets during the day.