1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about joining WERA

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by yuengling910, Apr 15, 2019.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

We have fully grown adults on 300's that are giving a big ol' smack down on some SV guys in combined races where the 300's have caught up to the SVs that started a few rows in front of the 300s. Ain't nothin' wrong with the 300's with an adult as the pilot.......other than skills and balls, which you will gain both on the 300 if you've misplaced them.

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

3. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Given equal riders...that isn't going to happen...it's not the bikes that are doing the smack down, I've never seen any adult remotely close to me on a 300...but hey....not my money, simply an opinion and was not given to anyone else but the OP since he was the one asking.

4. fastfreddie

Where would you be relative to those other riders if it were you on the 300?

5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

No problem.I was letting the OP know that a 300 ain't a bad choice,and its a proven capable machine to shake the cobwebs off or use it throughout his entire life in this hobby.......especially with WERA since it has multiple classes an adult can be competetive in.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  6. Jon Wilkens

You don't see many adults on small bikes in WERA....almost all up and coming kids. Not saying they aren't out there...but very few. Being competitive against the wee lads/lasses....well, that is going to be difficult as a lot of them are fast and weigh nothing (that old power to weight thing again)...lol

7. fastfreddie

You don't see many adults (21+) in Moto3 either. You also don't see Moto2 riders progressing to Moto3. That doesn't mean that a seasoned club-level rider can't benefit highly by starting again at a "perceived" entry level. There's nothing entry level about railin' around big bikes.

8. Jon Wilkens

I'd still be up front...but giving away some weight to the little buggars...165lbs here.

Why get something you will outgrow in 6 months....not like he will be starting completely over his skill set. Knock that rust off...and now yer bored trying to stretch that throttle cable because you've gone much faster...unless you simply want to compete on the 300s...I see no need to go that far down the ladder to start over. And, SV will be cheaper to get into and out of than a 300. I will say there may be a lot of R3s going up for sale with the 400s hitting the track now...so a deal could be had possibly.

Again, who cares, not my money and my opinion was for the OP, not you. He can make up his own mind...so if you like....you win, you are right, no one elses opinion matters but yours. All good now? Not going to waste time arguing with you.

9. fastfreddie

Can't argue with that last paragraph but, considering outgrowing that class, people that do race that class at the world level aren't there for years cuz they suck, it's because they want to progress. Don't ya think?
    If so, can't that same line of thinking be applied to any level rider that's not already on the top of the upper classes in their series?

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They're also there because it's the only ride they can get. You can't compare pro to amateur like that.

11. fastfreddie

I know it was a stretch...too early for me to think coherently - only halfway thru the coffee pot - but you do get the gist of it, right?
    I'll leave it at my opinions...
    A 300 is a great learning tool for anyone struggling to improve.
    It is not a bike to be outgrown, it is one to be mastered.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed but they all are.

13. fastfreddie

We're gonna get caught in a Beeb loop here, aren't we?
    So glad I never participated in "Hamburger or Cheeseburger".
    :D

14. yuengling910

yuengling910 Loose Cannon

As much as I enjoy riding my wife's Ninja 300, it will be too much prep work to get it race ready before this weekend so I'll be riding my R6 on Sunday. I just signed up for the N2 trackday on Friday to get some seat time at Roebling.

I'm eyeing up 2 to 3 races for Sunday. Since I already missed the pre-entry deadline, I assume I can just register Sunday morning? Will there be a Dunlop vendor there this weekend and what day do they get there?

Thanks!

15. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Yes on Dunlop vendor, Stickboy will be there Friday for practice.and yes you can register st track.

yuengling910 likes this.